Texecom Premier 48 questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am installing a Texecom Premier 48 (not Elite) that I bought 7 years ago but never got round to installing!!
I have a Menvier SD-GSM dialler that I want to connect to it.
My questions are: will I be able to somehow connect all 8 digicom outputs on the panel to the 8 trigger inputs on the SD-GSM so that I can tell which zone alarmed on the text message/voice message (I somehow think that this won't be possible)

Also is it possible not to have a sounder connected to the Premier 48 and just rely on the dialler?
If so will any of the sounder connections need linking etc or do I need to program the panel somehow so that it knows no sounder is fitted? I probably will fit a sounder but not at first until it has proved to be reliable as I don't want to annoy the neighbours!

Many Thanks
Jez

Sponsored Links
No to first question
You do not have to have a sounder, but this will drawer attention to your property if alarm goes off.
Yes link out of to tamper return on bell terminals in control panel.
You can install a Texecom gsm module and that will text you zone descriptions of the zone that was activated.
This module will also allow you to remotely arm and disarm the control panel by a series of text commands.
Hope this helps you.

You would have been better buying the Texecom Gsm unit as you would have had zone info in the text and option to disarm / arm via text , bell output does not need to be linked out ...

Hi chaps

Thanks for your replies. I paid very little for the SD-GSM so I figured it was worth a try. Do I connect this to one of the digicom outputs on the panel?

Thanks again
Jez

Sponsored Links
Connect to a digi output and program as INTRUDER.
You will not get a zone description from triggering the output.

how many zones do you have?

so mimic armed and zone number would give you 1 zone per input
you could use custom outputs

you can use 1A, 1B, 2A, 3A, 3B, 4A and 4B (so 7 lots of 2 zones) so you could group upto 14 zones that way, (2B is used if you have codes locked out on entry) other wise you could get 16 zones, you wont be able to tell between which 2 it is.

Then assign custom 1A to digi output 1 and so on.

the com gsm obviously a better solution though.

I only have 7 zones but you have lost me a bit there I'm afraid!

Ok thank you I will give it a go .
Would you recommend that I add a com IP module and use wintex or just use a keypad to program the panel?

Cheers
Jez

for me it doesn't make a right lot of difference.

comip maybe usefule ful remote access and the older Texecom App

Well I have set up the outputs "output group, zone, mimic arm" and the system does operate the output and send a text with a description of the zone as required.
All was going well I thought so I did a bit of testing and found that any zone that is triggered during entry (even entry/exit zones) operate the output and send a text.
So I have just tried "output group, zone, alarm" and find that this operates the output and sends a text when exiting through an entry exit/zone which really doesn't make sense as the manual says "This output type activates when the selected zone causes an alarm and deactivates when the alarm is reset. This output will only work if the zone is armed"

Can anybody help with this?

Thanks
Jez

I wouldn’t waste my time ...as you can pick up a tango unit on eBay for £50...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back