Texecom Premier 48

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Alarm Experts,

I have a Tex Prem 48 with an Expander on it.

Question, is, are there any inputs, that can be programmed to set and unset the alarm? Reason I am asking is I am looking at integration options with home automation. So looking at other ways of setting the system without the use of the KeyFob.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
There will be a zone type called "Keyswitch" that you can program any zone to act as. The panel will set and unset according to the state of the keyswitch zone (ie, open or closed) The manual will go into further detail if you need more info!

Works like a charm, can part arm, diss arm, and full arm, using zones on extender, thank you.

Sponsored Links
Hi

I wrote a couple of scripts to integrate my Premier with Homeseer.

What automation are you using?

The Premier range support a couple of protocol options and are excellent for integration... you can have all set staus, battery, mains, log, zones etc etc

David

Hi,

Very interesting, I am also using homesteer, still just getting used to it, and getting my head round all the features.

Hi,

Very interesting, I am also using homesteer, still just getting used to it, and getting my head round all the features.

You can pull pretty much everything into Homeseer.

I use the PIRs for occupancy detection too - using BLMotion.

I also use the panel (setup as a different area) as a general purpose input device, so things like fridge/freezer doors, water meters, gas meters etc all are on a zone that HS picks up and digests.

Obviously having them in their own area means that arming the panel still affects on ly the "real" zones - and ignores the devices.

The Premier panels (48 and above) support several prototocls via the serial interfaces - so you can do pretty much anything you want. One issue they have however, is that you cant get all the info you need using one protocol, so you may end up backing one horse, or using two serial interfaces into HS.

You know you can add an eithernet interface to them too? That adds some complexity, but is still an option.

David

I have the prem 48 with Comm IP installed, so that is very interesting what is available. It seems maybe I can intergrated a lot more than first thought. I am just at the early stages of install at the moment, so still playing and testing. Very interesting to see someone else having same kind of setup, be great for questions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back