Texecom Premier Elite 24 No Power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I bought a Texecom Premier Elite 24 (Polymer) as a straight replacement for an old Premier 24 in our house.

Had the Elite powered up on its own with the USB cable attached for a couple of days and was slowly copying the settings from the Old Premier to the Elite via Wintex.

Having saved all the settings I needed to put the Elite back to default to connect everything. So I switched off the power and pressed the load defaults button and switched the power back on.

Nothing ...no power no lights. Checked the onboard ceramic fuse, it seemed ok so tried again.... nothing. Changed the mains fuse still nothing.

There is a spare glass fuse in the Elite but I'm not sure if I can use that to replace the ceramic one.

Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Why did you default it ?
Check 12v from the switch mode psu ( red and black ) as they fail on a grand scale ....

Hold on!

the spare glass fuse is for the mains fuse inside the panel not for the pcb.

Normally you wouldn't default the panel out of the box, so have you flashed the panel up?

I have seen people flash the panel up and make a mess of it, and the panel doesn't appear to be working/ powered up properly, however if you redo the flash procedure properly it often recovers, that's assuming you tried flashing the panel with the right gear.

if you have a back up battery you can press the kick start to power up on battery if connected, if the panel doesn't power up at all then it may be goosed.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Sorry about for late reply. In reply to defaulting it; after familiarising myself with programming via Wintex with nothing wired to the Elite panel except USB Com lead, I thought I'd better default before I begin putting up the panel and wiring it.

Switchable PSU when checked was fine and the panel would not start using the battery in kickstart mode. There was no need to flash the panel as it was already LS1 4.03.00 out of the box. Anyway I contacted the supplier explaining what I had done and they told me to return the panel. They arranged a swap out.

Replacement panel is now wired and in place and saved wintex settings uploaded, walk test done and alarm is working (fingers crossed) .

I do have 5 questions now.

1) The green light on the front of the panel is flashing, yet the battery is plugged in and indicating 13.7v but the Amperage varies from 0 to 3. Any thoughts ?

2) I have now added the Smartcomm. In the box there was an additional Com Port but I'm not sure if this compatible with the Elite 24 as the install leaflet mentions Elite 48 and higher. Can I plug this additional Com port into the Elite 24 ?

This 3rd question may be necessary depending on the answer to the 2nd

3) Any tips on connecting Wintex to the Elite Panel via Smartcom. I am successfully using the Smartcomm IOS app to arm and disarm;
yet when I use Wintex via PC to connect to the Alarm wirelessly it keeps asking me to check my network. I have One wifi network.
I'm thinking I may need to use the USB comms lead (Thus question 2) Any ideas please?

4) Can Smartcom be used to call your mobile phone to alert you ?

Finally

5) Any recommended iP cameras that are compatible with Smartcom ?

Any help will be appreciated.....thanks.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back