Texecom Premier Elite SMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the Texecom Premier Elite keypad with the Premier 24 control panel linked with the GSM module, but how do I send a SMS to my phone because the sim card will deactive itself if it's not been used within 6 months

Sponsored Links
Send a message to the alarm asking the status

code status O

A monthly test would be the way forward , to prove 2 points the sms is working and the alarm is working, also did you set up an online account with your SIM card so you can check the balance ?

Depends on what your more confortable with, do you use the gsm for alerts or do you send commands to it to arm etc.

Theres lots of commands arming, disarming, part arming firing out puts etc and can be followed by s to request a status, this should be in the manual, however the manul did have some discrepencies in it if I remember correctly.

Details can be found on the Texecom forum.

but setup a regular test is probably the safest and best way totest the system and keep sim active.

Sponsored Links
As mentioned by kathekas and sparkymarka, the best way is to just send an SMS to the COM GSM from a mobile, with the status request.

This is what I do with my COM GSM. I also find the status SMS is a good way to make sure that I remembered to set the alarm when I left the house in the morning.

It's best to remember to get one of those e-top up cards set up for the SIM, so that when you want to top it up all you need to do is go to a shop with the -top up card, and not have to mess around with taking the SIM out to use it to top up.
I know sparkymarka mentioned online account, and some PAYG providers may allow you to set up an online account to use for the top ups, but some (like Tesco Mobile and maybe O2) use a PIN code sent to the SIM to verify login every time you want to log in to the online account, which again would not be possible with the SIM in the COM GSM.

You only need the pin once to set up the account , I've got loads out there with on line accounts it's much better for the customer to check on line , you can easy top up at cash machine.

If you have cookies disabled some online logins use your registered mobile number to verify who you are and send a pin so you can verify online.

I know a gif gaf account I have has no such issues with cookies disabled.

Most don't have any issues unless you cant remember part of your login details.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back