Texecom Premier LCDP exchange

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a system with two of these remote keypads,
one of which is used on a daily basis and the other only rarely.
The keys of the first one are becoming difficult to operate,
whereas the other is only used with the fobs, so the keys work as new.

I want to switch the two, but cannot see in the installation manual how to open them for removal.
Is it the two slots in the underside near the front edge, perhaps?
Two narrow bladed screwdrivers simultaneously?
Do the fronts come off, leaving the wiring conections on a backplate?

Thanks for any info.

John

Sponsored Links
depends how old the keypads are there has been 3/4 versions do they have hard plastic or rubber keys ? early versions rubber keys should clip off with pull from bottom, next version had a small screw on front of keypad behind a blanking plug remove this first later had a screw underneath remove this and slide up. you could take out the rubber mats and clean them if you are having problems.

Thanks for the info, sparkymarka.

I had not realised there was more than one pattern. Mine was installed in March 2004.

I see there are two very small white possible blanking plugs (between '3' & 'omit' and between 'no' & 'area').
They don't lok as if they are removable, but I can try gently prizing them with a sharp object.
There are no visible screws anywhere round the casing.

So the two slots under the front are nothing to do with removal?

John

Sponsored Links
yes but you will find its easier to gently pull the keypad off from the bottom while pushing up the backplate with your thumb hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back