Texecom Ricochet not triggering alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, I have a Texecom elite 24 panel and have add a wireless pir using the 8xp wireless expander. I have done the walk test using the software and every seems fine. But when I tested the pir for real it does not trigger the alarm ? Anyone got any ideas cheers.

Sponsored Links
was it sleeping, what area was it on and which area was it set and what zone type is assigned to it?

Thanks for the quick response it is assign to guard, how do I check if it was sleeping ?

set the alarm stay clear of the detector for at least 3 minutes then walk in front of it, if you set the alarm within 3 minutes or so of passing the detector it would be asleep when the alarm is set and you try to trigger it.

Sponsored Links
set the alarm stay clear of the detector for at least 3 minutes then walk in front of it, if you set the alarm within 3 minutes or so of passing the detector it would be asleep when the alarm is set and you try to trigger it.
Daft rhetorical question of the day, here goes: if a robber is watching the house waiting for you to go to work and decides to break in as you drive off would the alarm not sound if it was within the first 3 minutes?

hmm well the answer is possibly.

door contacts and shocks don't sleep, Dt's don't sleep at default that is.

however the only device where this would be an issue is the hallway in a domestic, in that when you leave in a morning you come down stairs and exit.
The pir you have walked passed would have been triggered and therefore asleep, you set the alarm and its 45 seconds have gone, so approximately 2 minutes before that device could be activated again.

with a DT that wouldn't be the case as its on when the alarm is set and the door contact and shocks would be on from the start.

most alarm systems for wireless pirs have a kip after being activated but not all of them work the same way.

when you consider the door is opened and the entry timer started, so there would be no alarm until after that had expired anyway, the pir in that hallway wouldn't if caused an alarm but the entry time out would have before 3 minutes, if they walked in or broke in through a window into a room then pir wouldn't have been activated on the way out usually and would therefore alarm immediately.

if a burglar was spending the time hanging around, he would probably wait a few minutes to check that you didn't return first because you forgot your purse. depending ion your doors and windows, will probably determine how they decide to enter the property.

once in the timer is ticking for them to find the valuables and leave.

a lot to take into account.

would the alarm not sound if it was within the first 3 minutes?

The alarm probably would sound as the Richochet uses two way wireless communication which allows it to reset / wake up all the sensors that were asleep when the alarm was set.

I could be wrong but only hybrid mode which is the default mode for the DT wakes the detectors on set, you would see preparing to arm with a rotating line just before the system sets indicating the devices have been woke up. any conventionally non powered device door contact, pa etc are always awake as are smokes.

that's something you would have to ask the manufacturer as things change over time, I always leave a learned device in the mode it was learned on as that's the manufacturers recommended setting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back