Texecom ricochet range /distance.

C H

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does any one know the distance of the ricochet system

I understand about the mesh technology but it doesn't really help in this case as I have one outbuilding around 60m direct line away from the receiver.

The existing alarm is a texecom premier elite 24 wired. I am intending to add a
Texecom Ricochet Premier Elite 8XP-W (GCD 0001) in the house to receive the wireless signal. This is 60m away.

If anyone can help it's much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
its not exactly as simple as that.

most of the companies manufacturing wireless will be able to tell in good conditions in an open field its gone over 1km.

but as soon as you start adding other factors the distance can be reduced significantly.

100M is regularly banded about as a place to work from, but I know full well that some systems don't even go 10M due to environmentals.

The best way to find out is have someone do some site testing as it may be possible to add devices to hoop through and or place the wireless expander to a better position.

• Thanks
Reactions: C H
Thank you for your response. It's much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A couple more points.
The range is limited not just by the signal strength, but by any interference from other wireless devices using the same frequency band. The Texecom kit is quite resistant to interference, but if there are strong competing signals it will eventually fail.

The other point is that the advantage of a mesh system is in having multiple paths to pass data around different devices. If you are using it as a single point to point link you are losing the benefit of that redundancy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back