Texecom Ricochet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am busy speccing up a new alarm system. Currentl one has a problem with one of the zones and to be honest its that old (Concept) I am thinking about just replacing it.

I am looking to go wireless as the house in 1930's semi and no easy way to route wires without destroying decor etc. I have also read some good things about Texecom Richochet so have decided to go with that.

If someone with some knowledge of this system can help me spec up it would be appreciated as I have done what I can but still have a couple of questions.

The spec I have this far is:

1 x Texecom Premier Elite LCDLP keypad (Diamond White) FMK DBD-0170
1 x Texecom Premier Elite 48-W Ricochet Control Panel GEA-0001
7 x Texecom Premier Elite Ricochet DT-W PIR GBF-0001
8 x Texecom Ricochet Wireless Impaq Plus-W GBB-0001
1 x Texecom Ricochet 32XP-W Wireless Expander GCA-0001
2 x Texecom Premier Smartkey Wireless Iconic Keyfob GCC-0001
1 x Texecom Elite Odyssey 3 115db Live Bellbox with White Cover Blue Lens FCC-1121
1 x 7aH 12v back-up battery
1 x Pyronix Twin Alert Internal Speaker Sounder TWINALERT
1 x Texecom USB-COM Interface Connector JAC-0001

The main question I have is with the 48-W do I still need the 32XP-W Extender or will the built in one be enough for the 7 PIR and 8 contacts I want to install?

Also how does the spec look overall.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
don't need the wireless expander if you buy the 48w and why are all the movement sensors duel tecs ? ( they will use more battery power )

Flush mount backbox for your keypad?

DBE-0002.jpg

Part No. DBE-0002

Substitute GBC-0001 which are actually wireless door contacts (and a few quid cheaper) for your GBB-0001 which are a vibration/door sensor.

Roll of 8 or 6 core alarm cable for wiring keypad, siren and internal speaker.

I just specced the duals because I understood they were better?

Is there a rule of thumb on when to use dual, quad or standard XT?

Price between dual and quad seems to be nothing and then XT seems only to be about £10 a unit so it just seemed to make more sense going for dual on a system costing over 1k anyway?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Substitute GBC-0001 which are actually wireless door contacts (and a few quid cheaper) for your GBB-0001 which are a vibration/door sensor.

Thanks,

Are the vibration door/window sensors not better than just the standard contacts though as I thought the vibration sensors would cater for both? I was thinking that they would provide enhanced protection against someone trying to kick the door in for example and set the alarm off without actually having someone succeed in kicking it in and thus cause damage before any alert went off?

Only reason I mentioned the door/vibration thing is because you said...

will the built in one be enough for the 7 PIR and 8 contacts I want to install?

Go for Vib if you want :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back