texecom speech dialler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi professionals :eek:

have a texecom speech/sms dialler, I just need to know what the bt sms service centre number is so it can send texts ?

Also when the dialler and a phone are plugged in to a double phone adaptor only one phone makes and recieves calls the other does nout, why is this? ie the normal phone works both ways (or not) or the dialler calls out (or not) depending on which way around you plug them in to the double adaptor.

would two line filters work, I did try one but not two?
I have tried the double adaptor in the socket on its own and also tried a line filter in the socket with the double adaptor plugged in to that.

Sponsored Links
You may be using a BT privacy adaptor, any LED's on it? When you say line filters assume you mean ADSL filters? You only need one-plug the double adaptor into the single filter. I would consider a hard wired filter for a dialer though.

no its a plain & simple double adaptor and I did as you said plugged the double adaptor into a single adsl filter, I already tried that, its a strange one. checked the phone socket wirring its ok unless its bt's wirring which is doubtfull.
What way does a hard wired adsl filter work?
Do the dialler wires connect from behind so no one can disconnect it, otherwise there would be no point in one.

Right been doing a bit of reading on adsl filter faceplates, of which I understand partly.
Am I right in thinking if I install one, the extensions leading off to the upstairs won't be able to be used to plug in a pc to as it will be voice filtered only?
I really need to plug the pc in upstairs without adding an adsl extension system.
Or am I looking at the wrong faceplate, I seen two but not sure if their different? http://www.tamarshop.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=363
http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_faceplate.htm

I still can't see how this will solve my original problem or even why I have the problem in the first place :oops:

Sponsored Links
I've got one of these :-

http://www.bttorj45.com/BTNTE5ADSLfaceplate6way.html

Two sets of connections on the back for extensions-filtered & unfiltered. Extension that goes to the PC goes to unfiltered, all others go to filtered.
It seems my extensions upstairs are linked in series with cat5 cable, so if I wire up the first extension cable at the master socket to the voice filtered terminals I can't plug in a pc upstairs or likewise if I wire to the unfiltered terminals I can plug in a pc but not a telephone?

Whats the way around this, or can still I just plug in an adsl filter upstairs if I connect the extension to the unfiltered terminals at the master socket?

Right that would be ok and it would give the dialler a wee bit more security which was one of my main concerns.
Not sure how to overcome the problem were only one item works when more than one item is plugged in at the same time though, in the original post, I can't see why that would be. I might try different phones, it might be that?
I'm just going to have to try a few different combinations to see how it goes.
Its actually at my brothers house which isn't just as handy.
Thanks anyway ;)

Not sure why one would work when the other doesn't to be honest. Try with phones rather than the dialer to rule it out.

as I said its my brothers house, he also said when he had a phone plugged in upstairs he lost his internet connection downstairs but got it back when he unplugged the phone.
Although both phones recieved and made calls :rolleyes:
I'l maybe call in and as you say try a couple of phones instead of the dialler, maybe thats at fault and also out of guarntee.
Thanks again

Loosing BB when a phone is plugged in is usually a filter issue(or no filter!).

I think maybe your right he didn't mention if he used one or not, he knows even less then me if thats possible :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back