texecom veritas 8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am a novice when it comes to alarms, we have the above alarm panel, I'm almost certain before the battery backup failed both front and back doors were set to entry/exit doors with timer delay to enter code, is it possible to have to have 2 entry/exit zones on this panel and if it is why has my alarm forgot this setting but not any of the others? I did have the power off for 5 minutes to change thermostat in hallway. the back door is zone 1 kitchen is zone 2 lounge is zone 3 and front door is zone four. zone 1 has delay timer zone 2 and three trigger alarm so assume in guard mode zone 4 should have delay timer but doesn't alarm goes off as soon as door is opened i've looked at user manual no help and installers manual just confuses me if its possible can someone guide me in layman's terms on how to restore this setting.

Regards

Carl

Sponsored Links
Firstly, yes all 8 zones can be programmed to a combination of 8 different zone types. So you can have more than one E/E zones.

All settings are held in a NVM so should be retained after a power cut.

You say that you are "almost certain" that both front and rear doors had E/E timers, so there is some doubt in your mind.

Where is the panel located, near the front or rear entrance, is the keypad built into the panel or do you have remote keypads' by each entrance.

Also to re-program the panel you will need the Engineers Code, not your User Code. do you know it?

Hi sandylyon,
Firstly thanks for your reply, the keypad is built into the panel by the front door, I am aware as to what the engineer code is as when the power was restored it took the alarm a few minutes to remember its settings including the user code and had to use the engineer code to turn off the alarm. I regularly use the front door to enter/exit the property and its only the last 3 times that the alarm has gone off as soon as the door is opened so it must have had a delay timer, I'd just never given it a second thought until I jumped out my skin when the alarm recently went of as I walked through the door and my initial thought was the alarm had been part set instead of full set this was not the case though.... Another thing I set the alarm on my way out to work this morning after the panel finished bleeping the strobe flashed three times is this normal?

Regards
Carl

Sponsored Links
Nowhere do you say that you have replaced the battery, have you?

.......... before the battery backup failed ............

Sorry, I assumed you replaced the battery :confused:

When my torch battery fails because it has a flat battery, I replace the battery.

Although alarm batts. are rechargeable it does not mean they go on for ever, they don't. replace every 5yrs max. good or bad.

Nowhere do you say that you have replaced the battery, have you?

As Europlex say's above, changing the battery should be one of the first things to do, a dead or failing battery can cause all sorts of issues.

As to the strobe flashing when you set the alarm, this is normal on Veritas panels.

If you enter by the back door and have to walk through protected zones (kitchen / lounge) to reach the keypad and they don't trigger an alarm, they must be set to inhibited zone type.

So they haven't defaulted to guard type, the back door hasn't so I'm not too sure what's going on with the front door zone.

I would change the battery, try it again and report back here, if still the same problem you may need to re-program Zone 1.

Hi sandylyon,

I have ordered a new backup battery and await its arrival, I have a couple of questions firstly if I enter the correct engineer code prior to removing front pane willl this will prevent the tamper switch activating as long as its removed in the first 16 seconds while the unset light is blinking? also having read and re read the manual I'm not really much the wiser but one thing did come to light it seems the system has reverted to the default settings as follows zone 1 entry/exit zone 2 inhibited zone 3 guard zone 4 guard there was a panic button zone five but this was removed a couple of years ago. to be honest default is fine apart from zone 4 this needs to be entryexit will reprogramming this be an issue as its one touch for both full and part set and code entry to disarm it does not mention in the manual about 1 touch full set?

Many thanks in advance

Carl

By entering the Engineers code you will be able to remove the panel cover without the tamper alarm sounding. (Don' forget to isolate the mains supply first)

Just to make things clear in my own mind, if you enter the property by the back door, this starts the E/E timer, you walk through the kitchen (inhibited Zone) no alarm, do you need to go through the lounge to turn the panel off ?

Also if the panel has defaulted to factoty settings did the User Code and Engineer Code both default to factory settings (4321 & 1234)

Shouldn't be an issue programming Z4 to E/E. Once the user code is set the one touch arm will work on both Full and Part set (But if you have no detectors upstairs either Full or Part will do the same job, depending on how the sounders have been programmed, default is internal sounders only on Part Set tamper)

if you enter the property by the back door, this starts the E/E timer, you walk through the kitchen (inhibited Zone) no alarm, Yes

do you need to go through the lounge to turn the panel off ? No

Also if the panel has defaulted to factoty settings did the User Code and Engineer Code both default to factory settings (4321 & 1234) Yes

But I'm not sure how it reset to default, as the settings are stored in NVM. The only thing I did, was power mains down to change thermostat in hallway with no battery backup. When it powered back up it would not accept my user set code to disable alarm.

Regards

Carl

Did you power it up battery first? Mains voltage spikes can cause memory loss. The battery acts like a big smoothing capacitor.

Hi joe90

if i'm completely honest I cant remember, but it has been reset to default so I'd guess probably not

Carl

well having read the manual for the nth time, I managed to change zone 4 back to E/E :D

I have also changed the part set, as by default only zone 1 (back Door) was set to guard. I have changed all 4 zones to guard, as I want to be alerted to entry by any means, not just the back door while I'm upstairs sleeping. is this likely to cause any problems?

much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back