Texecom Veritas 8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We have had our Veritas R8 for over 9 years now and have never had an issue with it until this last couple of weeks. Basically the alarm started going off randomly while we were out and then the battery died. I replaced the battery as per instructions and ensured that all senors were clean but the alarm still continued to go off randomly.
Unfortunately the installer who installed the alarm ( a lovely chap ) died of cancer a few months ago and I wasn't able to get the engineer code to complete for some tests. Anyway, I completed a full factory restart and reconfigured the system using the installation manual.

I have a couple of questions:

Programming Option 04 - Number of Alarm Activations ( Rearms)
Could someone explain what this is please as from reading the description is doesn't fully explain this option

Programming Option 08 - Programming the SW+ Output
Could someone provide some further information on this as at present it's set to option 6 - Set Positive with Latching Sensor Reset ( latching detectors ).

Finally.... How do I program the Full set... As I have got Programming the Suits 48 - 57:
Zone Disable Suite - 48: Which I have already done ( Zone 7 & 8 )
Zone Soak Test Suite - 49: This doesn't have any zones set
Part Set Suites 1 & 2 - 51-52: Part 1 has been set ( Zones 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 ) but Part 2 is empty as we don't use it
Chime Suite - 55: This has been set to Zone 1 & 5
Double Knock Suite 57: Empty
Manual Omit Suite 58: Zones 1 - 6

Any help on the above would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kev

Sponsored Links
Re arms is how many times it will rearm in one setting before shuts down ...eg 3 alarm goes off rearms alarm goes off , rearms , alarm goes off rearms , alarm goes off ... Shuts down ...
Sw + ..... Do you have anything connected to it ? If not forget it
Full set .... Nothing to change apart from zone types

Sponsored Links
The PIR's which are attached to the system, is it possible to change these for smaller ones?? The older ones which we have are just smaller than the sizeof a pint glass

For a start .... Defaulting the panel will not cure an issue of random activations , what zone number was lit after the activation ? That should be your starting point.... Changing detectors will only add to the issue ...is a wire connected to sw+ on the pcb ?

Its rare these panels need a factory default unless someone has being playing around and got lost.

With sparkymarka on this the random activations are not solved by defaulting the panel, the back up battery is always a good start though as a low battery can cause issues.

Look through the basic event log menu 41 to 47, what's illuminated on each one, 41 is the most recent and 57 is the oldest event, do this in engineering, if tamper shows press omit and note the number as this indicates where the tamper is coming from.(Omit gives information on where the tamper is coming from, ie bell/ global, power supply etc etc (its in the manual for more details)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back