textcom prem elite 24 speech module

gti

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, hopefully you can give me a pointer on where im going wrong. Ive got a textcom prem elite 24 with com2400 and speech module installed.

The phone line to the alarm is filtered, and ive recorded messages onto each of the 4 channels on the voice module.

If i phone the house and then hang up and dial again the alarms modem answers with a beep. If i set the protocol to sms and do a test on the panel it goes.

Wait dial one
Dialling No. SC
Com2400 is Idle
SMS Connecting..
SMS Connected...
Sending SMS.....
Wait Clear Delay
SMS Message Sent
Initialising....
Please wait ....

and then i get an sms

The issue is if i set the protocol to Speech Module, then when i do a test i get

Com3 Resetting..
Com3 Idle.......
Initialising....
Please wait ....

20180120_124704.jpg

20180120_124710.jpg

20180120_124724.jpg

and nothing happens the phone doesn't even ring. Im sure the wiring i correct as it picks up when i phone and the SMS's work, so can anyone see why the speech module wont work?

Can anyone see where ive gone wrong?

Many thanks

Trev

Sponsored Links
Never fitted one .....but as it's using com3 which I think is the expansion port have you tried ticking use com3 in protocol options ? It also says tick dial all numbers in options

okay what version was the panel as manufactured, It had to be version 3.x I believe as this had the dtmf chip set added to the panels.

original version of the panel with be on the green sticker inside the panel, that's only if it has since been flashed up, if not flashed up you can find the current version of the panel with menu 4 on the keypad.

also seem to remember that on some versions the test call didn't work as expected and you had to test by firing the outputs, but haven't ever installed one, I was sure it was someone on the Texecom forum, but couldn't find the post relating to it, so possible I looked at it via email, checking now to see if I can find it, as I can't remember specifics.

okay done some digging, but its going back to early 2016 and I don't think al the data is there.

"The instructions actually have typo, and the test is done from Engineer Utils > Bell Test > Com2400 Test, then toggle the pins. Why the Com2400 is under Bell Test is another mystery." taken from the Texecom forum, from a 2016 post.

you must ensure that its setup correctly first as according to the manual.
secondly if you want speech and text, you would need a second ARC I believe setup with sms protocol instead of speech.

seem to recall the test calls, worked correctly on the 168 but not the other panels, but its such a long time ago I couldn't be 100% certain.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply's guys.

Im sure its got the dtmf chip in. its got a ic installed in U2 position on the board part no ht9170D which is a 18SOPLF HOLTEK, DTMF Receiver, so should be good there.
Ill give a try on what you suggested tonight if i get chance and report back, fingers crossed it works. its a bit of a crazy place to put the com2400 test isn't it.

Thanks again

Trev

some things are due to hostorics and its not as daft as it first may seem.

its a test menu, so why not test there, but when you have a separate test for udl/digi options it does seem a little mad, also it was said that it worked as you might expect on a 168 but not on some of the other panels but I have never verified that personally.

the best way to test once it is correctly programmed is to arm the system, would be the first time it works from a test menu and not when you actually need it.

Well i got home and tried the test and no joy.. so i was feeling a bit miffed, even though when i did the test call it cut out the house phones by design so it was picking up. After i had admitted defeet for the evening, i thought i would try and dial the number from my land line as per its inputted into the pri tell no (i had entered 44 instead of 0). Well it didnt work but if i dialled 0 instead of 44 it worked a treat and once i updated the alarm, i was greeted by my horrid voice recordings lol.
So the result is that the number has to be entered with 0 and not 44, even though the sms option works if you have the number with 44.

Thanks again for your help

Trev

at least its sorted ans I wil try and commit that to memory although to be fair I alaways use zero rather than the country code

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back