Texecom COM2400 SMS Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently completed the install of a Texecom Premier 24 system, with the COM2400 communicator module.

I have connected the card up, and also connected the COM1 lead from the main panel board to the COM board.

I have enabled COM2400 in the COM Port Options on the panel for Internal AND COM1.

I believe this is all the setup that should be needed.

I know the COM2400 is working partially as I can get UDL working from another phone line calling in, and it calls back out to the other modem perfectly, and all the upload/download works in Wintex.

The problem I am having is that the SMS doesnt seem to work, Ive tried setting the ARC1 Protocol to: SMS Messaging, and then setting my number in there as the primary number.

I've also set it in the PAD ARC1 Primary number field (though im not 100% sure what a PAD ARC is) as this is where the SMS centre numbers are (I imagined they would be in the same place as where i setup my phone under ARC1 for SMS but they arent)

Should initiating a test call then send an SMS? (I have the test option set for the Digicom)

It seems to say Idle, Waiting.. so I press 1 which gets it going, and it says Waiting Dial tone, then waiting connect (no dialling)..

When I had a PC number in the UDL options it started dialling it at this point to that number.. but now nothing happens.. it just sits there.

Sponsored Links
I am having exactly the same problem. Would be really interested to hear from you if you have sorted it.

When I run a test call, should I able to hear the modem sounds ? I get the waiting to connect, then it retries then am left with a message saying "Idle, successful". however no SMS recieved! I am using the 2 sms numbers provided in the manual.

I am having exactly the same problem. Would be really interested to hear from you if you have sorted it.

When I run a test call, should I able to hear the modem sounds ? I get the waiting to connect, then it retries then am left with a message saying "Idle, successful". however no SMS recieved! I am using the 2 sms numbers provided in the manual.

Oldish thread but did you resolve this issue?
Currently have the same

thanks.

If fitting a Com2400 to a Premier 24 only.
• select Com1 and press no
• Select Com2400 and press yes

Sponsored Links
If fitting a Com2400 to a Premier 24 only.
• select Com1 and press no
• Select Com2400 and press yes

thanks Alarm

Still having a few issues getting this dialing, suspecting it could be a faulty module

texe support have asked me to remove the comms cable as i have a 10 pin connection to the digimodem
its possible the premier 24 has variants as i understood the comms cable was required on premier 24s?

anyway, they also suggested the onboard and com1 settings should be set to comm2400 even if not using the coms cable is this correct?

listening in on a extension handset i cant hear any dialing taking place, just a slight note change to the dial tone as i preform a start test call

in any case it will just sit at * Waiting Connect * this is the next stage after dial tone.

thanks Andy

Settings do seem correct.
I think early varients of the 24 needed the comms link too.
Try both if not return for testing.

I've got mine working.. Let me have a check how its configured and get back to you.

(I have it turned off at the minute because it racked up a 30 quid phone bill sending SMSes when my neighbour triggered it and didnt reset it properly.)

It keeps sending SMS for each zone activation, even after the alarms been silenced (but not reset which is the step he missed out).. Is that configurable does anyone know?

I'll get back to you with the settings anyways as I eventually did get it working.

"It keeps sending SMS for each zone activation, even after the alarms been silenced (but not reset which is the step he missed out).. Is that configurable does anyone know? "

Not that I know off.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, unsure then.
Working from the book, not fitted this one before.
cannot see anything that can alter this.

does anyone have a manual for this as I've a card with now idea how to set it up.
thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back