Premier24 and Com2400 - ATS problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

I've just finished installing a Premier 24 and I've got the detection side of the panel programmed just fine.

I've got a Com2400 installed (new panel so not connected the fly lead to Com1), however, whenever it's enabled I just get the ATS unavailable and ATS path fault error messages. It's set to SMS Messaging in the Arc protocol.

The Com2400 is connected directly to the rear of a filtered NTE5 master socket. I've tried it terminated directly to the Com2400 and into a phone socket (an then with subsequent RJ11 lead into the panel) however I don't seem to have any success with either.

I've plugged a phone into the socket and I can get a dial tone and make phone calls from the panel end.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
are you sure you dont need the comm 2400 plug on lead ? the last few i fitted version 8 x still needed it. also are you wiring onto t+r not t1 and r1 check at t+r for 50v dc

are you sure you dont need the comm 2400 plug on lead ? the last few i fitted version 8 x still needed it. also are you wiring onto t+r not t1 and r1 check at t+r for 50v dc

I'll try it with the link and see what happens.

At the moment its wired into the RJ11 connection direct to a telephone extension outlet. I've had it wired to T+R as well though but still couldn't get it to work.

hi when you fit the link, you have to go to com port set up and set comm1 to comm2400

Ah I seem to have come across another problem!

I can't find the flylead....must have put it somewhere safe.... :oops: :oops:

Anyone know where you can get spares from?

Got the cable - Many many thanks to Sparkymarka for sorting me out.

I've powered down and fitted it this evening but unfortunately I'm still getting the ATS path fault and ATS unavailable messages.

I've tried two different extension cables from the master socket and also tried extensions plugged into the test socket on the rear of the master (with and without a filter).

I'm really confused now around what could be causing the problem.

Any ideas folks?

many thanks

Carl

hi carl go to comm port set up and see what you have got fitted on board should be comm 2400 com 1 should be comm2400 com 2 should be nothing fitted if you go to comm1 press the 0 key on keypad and you should see the comm talking to the panel.

Thanks pal, is there anything in particular I'm looking for on the RKP when pressing 0?

I seem to have a series of random letters and numbers. I can see a couple of ok's in there and a 50, does that make sense?

thanks again

hi the comms module to talking to the panel ok do you have 50v dc at T and R on the comm 2400 ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back