Thanks or Like ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's the difference between the 'thanks' button or 'like' button on this new, improved forum? In the past, using the thanks button has annoyed Nosey, so I'll keep using it. But I notice many now use the like option.

Sponsored Links
I didn't think there was a 'thanks' when this format began and some commented that 'likes' was very similar so made no difference.
Now there is both it seems unnecessary.

Plus, they only appear when the cursor is on that post so on the trade forums newcomers may not even see them, so they are unlikely to use them.

Sponsored Links
Originally (on the new forum) it was just 'Like', so that's the one I use. I see no point in having both, but hey ho.

Edit:
I've been giving this some more thought and, to me, 'Like' means that I like what someone has posted.

If I have asked for advice and someone has been helpful, then I suppose the 'Thanks' button would be more appropriate.

Last edited:
Dunno, but where is the Joe-90 is a dick button? Or has it worn out?

It's called the IGNORE button...

;)

I've never liked ignore buttons. They don't prevent anyone making false statements about what you said, or abusing you, or making trouble. But you don't see it. It's like having abuse daubed on your front door, and not looking at it, but everyone else sees it.

I've never liked ignore buttons. They don't prevent anyone making false statements about what you said, or abusing you, or making trouble. But you don't see it. It's like having abuse daubed on your front door, and not looking at it, but everyone else sees it.
I agree. I have only once used 'Ignore'.
If someone is abusive, I suppose there is always the 'Report' button, although I have never used it. I suspect that a certain troll has used it in the past, though, bearing in mind that some (in my opinion) genuine posts have mysteriously disappeared.

Dunno, but where is the Joe-90 is a dick button? Or has it worn out?

It's called the IGNORE button...

;)

I've only used the ignore button once - on dropclanger. It was mainly because I couldn't be arr$ed to read his never ending drivel. He knew I ignored him, so hopefully it made him less inclined to reply to my own ramblings. Ignore used on him was mainly to save the finger strain from scrolling through his monotonous paragraphs. It seemed to work.

in the old forum, it was Thanks, then in this new forum it became Like.. I had a bit of a rant about it and it seems others agreed, so consensus was to have two buttons.. kudos to diynot admins for the changes!

ADMIN:

NO WE DON'T WANT A THIRD BUTTON FOR KUDOS!!

Sponsored Links
Back