Thanks for all the fish......

• Thread starter PrinceofDarkness
  • Start date
P

PrinceofDarkness

Does anyone here value the "Thanks" button as a sincere recognition of his efforts?

I certainly don't, because it seems to me that certain users are aware of the "thanks" procedure and others are not. Many people express their gratitude by saying as much, in their posts without clicking on the thanks button.

So, it seems to me that this is pretty much a hit and miss affair and doesn't truly reflect the helpfulness of any member here.

No need to thank me, my dears, for this post........

Lucia.

Sponsored Links
It does depend on weather the person knows where to click...

It also depends on weather the OP'er actually bothers to log in and say/click thanks - many will post a question, and once they get an answer dissapear.

Personally I wish they would add a slap button next to the thanks button

Sponsored Links
Sparkwright: I've been 'thanked' a number of times since my recent return to this forum. A few earlier 'thanks' that I received were an embarrassment to me, because I posted slightly innacurate information on a certain thread and therefore didn't deseve any 'thanks'. Other posts of mine have received thanks via the actual thread and not by way of the 'thanks button'.

I don't care much either way whether I'm thanked or not, but my point is that the 'Thanks button' isn't a true reflection on a member's contribution.

I'm not trying to make waves, I'm simply making an observation.......
Lucia.

For example: I've been thanked most sincerely on this thread by 'Johnnymelad' - so I thought it polite to thank him in return.......

"Always be sincere - even when you don't mean it".

Lucia.

If you thank people for a thanks, doesnt it create like an endless loop thanks, eventually imploding into a black hole? Im sure ive heard Stephen Hawking mention it.........

I've just had a look at the Screwfix forum, and I found the most recent poster there to be 'Lectrician' who also posts here......

'Lec' is a highly regarded poster on the Screwfix forum, and certainly one of my favourites there. I feel quite sure that's also the case on this forum.

you notice that it's the ones who aren't usually helpfull to others and have a low thank's count that moan about it?
I've no doubt that not all of my thanks are helping people but the vast majority are.
If you did more that post jokes and have arguments over whether calling someone a muslim or a jew is racist then you'd probably get thanked more.

i don't moan, except when my 'prolific thanker' post was mod'd. Grrrr :evil:

Coljack: in my estimation, you've been 'thanked' on average once for every 33 posts that you've made. That doesn't do justice to your naturally helpful nature.

I've been 'thanked' 21 times in just a few weeks on my return to this forum, which makes an average of one 'thanks' for 12 posts. All of which goes to show that there ain't no justice - or the 'thanks' procedure is meaningless.

Lucia.

col its a forum and in forums you do chat say funny things and give advice. just cos you have lots of thanks means nothing , or does it to you .

Sponsored Links
Back