That's another fine mess you've got me into....

Sponsored Links
well i think he means the walls are trowelled up, you see the more you trowel or polish the wall the more you are closing the plaster up it also makes it harder to paint, (the walls are close in quite well) is not a statement or a phrase i would come out with looking at any wall, let alone looking at those walls

the only time i would refer to a wall being closed is when you rule of sand and cement render and you have an open grain then when you float the wall you are closing the grain and sealing the wall

the only time i would refer to a wall being closed is when you rule of sand and cement render and you have an open grain then when you float the wall you are closing the grain and sealing the wall
it also applies to multi as well tommy the more you polish the more you are closing the finish up you can close it up so much the paint dont stick

Sponsored Links
yea its a catch 22 because if u dont polish the wall the customer would moan its not a good job but if you do the decorators gonna be on ya back

many a time i have painted my own work and ive had to sand a perfectly good wall that you could see your face in just to be able to paint it lol

lets be honest though theres nothing more satisfying than finishing a wall and looking at it and its like glass !!!!

holy f**k. i dont like running down other plasterers but is he 1 :eek: . i started plastering 6 years ago within 1 month of going on the tools. my work was miles better than that. i did labour for about 1 and a half years. saying that if my work was ever that bad i would have said im not ready to jump on the tools yet. if i was you i would be trying to get my money back or try getting him to sort it out. but looking at them pics his work is telling me he would not be able to :eek: . small clames courts?

The saga ends or seems to...

The decorator (who I did proper research on. i.e. sat in lots of peoples houses and his name kept cropping up) has passed his verdict. Believe it or not has seen allot worse. As Steve's fairly factual answer indicated a while back.

I have had six spreads over to quote for remedial action and they have all said pretty much the same thing. The decorator will be able to get over most of that. Which in fact the decorator did say. He's not a bad plasterer but he's rushed it.

Richard (the decorator) just said. Let's just get a mist coat on it and go from there. He also said "it will be flawless when I have finished". Coming from him, that set my mind entirely at rest.

There will be some messing about for both him and me to overcome the problems I have been left with as a result of the rushed plastering job. But as I said right at the start. Lesson learnt and never forgotten.

I 'm glad you are getting sorted, it sounds like the decorator will sort you out -you've checked him out and you are both agreed about the end product you want. Hopefully it won't cost too much more.

It's a pity you had all the hassle, but you seem to have turned it around, and with a positive attitude to boot.

Best of luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back