The 'AA' say we are getting worse at DIY.....is it true?

Sponsored Links
Pred, thats where you are going wrong mate!

You don't get out the RD Manual, you put the kettle on!

Silly boy!

THATS WHERE I'VE BEEN GOING WRONG!!

If only you had told me earlier. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Judging by some of the posts in the CC its not just diy that will be gone, skilled tradesmen are dying out quickly too.

I picked up bricklaying in Germany, however i was on a site here in Bristol 1989 and teamed up with a "proper brickie" Old Ted, he did about 10 yrs or so apprentiship just after Noahs ark moored up, anyway there is this young lad thinks he's the fastest in the west, eventually Ted could take it no more and threw the guantlet down, i kid you not, this young un his trowel is flying through the air at nigh on the speed of sound, muck also flying everywhere, meanwhile it looks like Ted has gone to sleep, he appears so slow but every trowel full is the right quantity just plodding along chatting away, he beat him, he made it look easy, the finished wall was 100% all the beds straight all the perps verticle you could not fault it, the young lads wall was just passable, (it was a comercial building, all the beds & perps were raked out with a chariot so it's impossible to disguise bad workmanship)

As you say, skilled tradesmen are a dying breed. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back