The Bells! The Bells!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ask not
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

Actually they are constantly ringing for nobody at all times of the day and night.

I have had so many problems with a Byron Wireless doorbell that I shall not bore you with it.

My question is - Could I just get shot of the wireless bit inside the box and use a transformer to the same value power of the batteries to make it a hard wired bell?

So endeth Radio 4's poetry corner

Sponsored Links
You migt receive better response if you post in the Electrics Forum, or ask the Mods/Admin to move it for you.

In the meantime, don't mix up the wireless operation with the powering of the unit, they're separate. It sounds to me like the sender, i.e. the doorpush is sending rogue signals to the receiver i.e. the bell.
You can still power it by battery, just sort out the wireless sender or hard wire it from the push to the bell, a simple two core bell wire, feed and return/switchwire.

Had a similar problem but was me and the next door neighbour on same frequency changed my settings little switch on back of unit and in bell push sorted, but the old girl down the road had a similar problem and it was water getting in the bell push and shorting out the contacts, quick squirt of wd every now and again sorts it.

Ask not
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

Actually they are constantly ringing for nobody at all times of the day and night.

I have had so many problems with a Byron Wireless doorbell that I shall not bore you with it.

My question is - Could I just get shot of the wireless bit inside the box and use a transformer to the same value power of the batteries to make it a hard wired bell?

So endeth Radio 4's poetry corner

Your post makes no sense, and contradicts itself, the batteries are used to power the device, not provide a wireless facility, so by swapping a transformer, for batteries, it remains a wireless transmitter, powered via mains, rather than batteries..Your question regards hardwiring the wireless system, a simple setup using basic methodsm would provide a bell, but not as you describe it.

Sponsored Links
As suggested change the frequency setting on bell and doorbell to avoid interference from other sources [not just neighbours using same system].

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back