Wired ring doorbell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm scratching my head bit with this. We have just renovated out house and are soon to be moving back in. I want to get one of the wired ring door bells but everything I read online says you just simply connect to your existing wired door bell.

The issue is we don't have a door bell so I am trying to figure out what sort of wired bell I need to purchase for it to work. Anyone got any in sight?

I know some people might say why not just get a wireless one but having read reviews regarding battery length and by friends constantly not knowing people are at their door because their battery has died I want to go with the wired option so it has mains power.

Any other suggestions to the ring doorbell also welcome.

Sponsored Links
Have cheap Chinese door cam, battery life is 6-8month, the apps with the cams record battery level and warn when low.

Sponsored Links
....having read reviews regarding battery length and by friends constantly not knowing people are at their door because their battery has died....

I have a battery operated ring doorbell. Battery life is pretty decent, about a month or so with 'normal' use. I also have the ring solar charger too which extends battery life considerably in the summer months but I also have a spare battery which I keep fully charged. It takes less than a minute to change it. You get numerous notifications automatically by email when the battery gets below 30% so I don’t know how anyone could get caught out with a dead battery unless they don’t check their emails for weeks at a time.

138450B0-8548-48F5-8D2C-65D9477CC28F.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back