Wireless Door bells!!!! let the rant begin!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All i want, what I really want is a wireless doorbell with two receivers (plug or battery - don't care) for a decent price that has a simple DING DONG.

Not stupid melodies, mp3 downloads etc.

More so, one that when the visitor presses the doorbell and the LED lights up, it actually rings the bell unlike the
Lloytron Twin Wireless Cordless Door Bell Plug in Chime Set 100m, which as described by the sellers...."you have to push the button for a second'!

Not too sure how I can tell all our visitors that without a big sign!

So, all I want, I really really want, is a classic 'DING DONG' wireless doorbell that works!!

(Tried Siemens - and there melodies are trash! or try to sound like big ben!)

Have got to the point were I might put a wire across my wall!!!!! (maybe not yet!)

HELP PLEASE !!!

Sponsored Links
All i want, what I really want is a wireless doorbell with two receivers (plug or battery - don't care) for a decent price that has a simple DING DONG.

Not stupid melodies, mp3 downloads etc.

HELP PLEASE !!!

Use a 'DING DONG' mp3....

In my last house I rigged up an actual bell that was rung by pulling a cord from the outside, simple , no batteries and as cheap as chips :D

but not really what you want to hear I suppose.

Sponsored Links
Let me know when you find one that works with a upvc door. :evil:

Friedland D3100
Button, 2 receivers (one battery, one plug in), 4 sounds one of which is 'ding dong'.

Whether you consider it to be a reasonable price is up to you.

They also work with UPVC doors.

I've just bought a Lloytron Wireless alarm as you mention, and it's got a simple ding dong noise. You push the bell at the door quickly and the portable alarm goes off which is audible throughout our 4 floor house if it's turned up. If someone holds the button down longer (for a second), both the portable alarm and the plug in alarm go off. Yes, there are stupid ring tones, but you don't have to use them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back