The boat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
that Guy Built.............Guy Martin is racing in the TT at the moment and because the bikes have cameras fitted it all looks a bit hairy. It feels quite surreal to be seeing a chap go from messing about on a boat to racing around the roads of the Isle of Man at 200mph. I think its spectacular!!!! At the moment on c24 and lying 2nd to to John McGuinness. Back to the telly now.

Sponsored Links
Apparently a really nice bloke, I grew up not far from where he did. Only saw one episode but it was a fantastic programme/documentary.

Everythin's gooin grand!

Guy is known for being a TT rider first, and a crappy TV programme presenter, boss, chief, second. Innit Mavis?

So to be surprised that he is a TT rider, means you are stupid, or ignorant?

The fact that he is a famous TT rider described at the start of every programme he presented, might have gave the game away, unfortunately, not to you.

Wreckedit, you need to get out more.

Sponsored Links

The fact that he is a famous TT rider described at the start of every programme he presented, might have gave the game away, unfortunately, not to you.

The words: pot, black and kettle come to my mind.
Where does it mention in any of the previous posts: "surprise", or "I didn't know that".
There are a couple of words beginning with "S", like "surreal" and "spectacular". But definitely no "surprise".
Perhaps some should read, re-read, and re-read again before they jump to any conclusions about what they think has been written. It might, just might, avoid them making silly posts.

Perhaps, for good measure, they could re-read again after they've posted just to make sure they're not spouting off rubbish.

Edit:

No, I've changed my mind, MM, I think you should carry on posting, just as you do.
Each time I log onto DIYnot, I check out some of your posts. It's like reading a silly cartoon in the local daily rag each day, usually not funny, nearly always corny, but occasionally a little gem of humour.

Carry on doing what you're doing. It does, very occasionally, bring a little smile to my face! :)

MM.. like I said, surreal and spectacular, but wasn't surprised because messing about with boats after some hard motorcycle racing is a fantastic way to unwind. So, I guess I'm not as you say. Is it you who's a little upset at my posts. Perhaps not. However, I do like and admire your posts because at times when its quite on here, up you pop to save the day. You do make me laugh and aghast at times. This forum is a much more colourful place with you, so keep posting.

After clearing gardens, replacing roofing sheets, repair and constructing fencing, felling trees,cleaning decking and oiling, cleaning drives, laying gravel, sailing my yacht off Portsmouth, cycling 20miles a day. Most of which I have done since picking up my OAP, I am exhausted. I wish I could get some of your R&R lifestyle. Perhaps that's a job you could do.

Mickymoody DIYnot
LIFESTYLE GURU

I know being unemployed (if you still are) is no joke but you really need to get up and do something more. Even if its just getting some exercise. Be like me.

I do wish you some happier times.:D

P.S. By the way what did you think of the Man hit by a train video?. :D

The words: pot, black and kettle come to my mind.
Where does it mention in any of the previous posts: "surprise", or "I didn't know that".
There are a couple of words beginning with "S", like "surreal" and "spectacular". But definitely no "surprise".
Perhaps some should read, re-read, and re-read again before they jump to any conclusions about what they think has been written. It might, just might, avoid them making silly posts.

Perhaps, for good measure, they could re-read again after they've posted just to make sure they're not spouting off rubbish.

Edit:

No, I've changed my mind, MM, I think you should carry on posting, just as you do.
Each time I log onto DIYnot, I check out some of your posts. It's like reading a silly cartoon in the local daily rag each day, usually not funny, nearly always corny, but occasionally a little gem of humour.

Carry on doing what you're doing. It does, very occasionally, bring a little smile to my face! :)

I expressed surprise, that someone might believe that Guy isn't a famous motorcycle rider, when at the start of every programme he presented the voiceover told people that. You don't seem to understand some very basic concepts of understanding. My posts are designed to be informing, and entertaining. Yours are just bile, and misunderstanding, and hatred.

Pot, kettle, Black, has no bearing to what I said, I haven't jumped to any conclusions, as I know what is said at the start of the TV programme. You are obviously off in cloud cuckoo land, talking rubbish...again.

IF you watch a TV programme, and right at the start it states "World Famous Motorcycle rider Guy Martin", for a series, then fail to understand that he is a World famous motorcycle rider, when seeing him doing his day job, then that indeed, is suprising that anyone can be that stupid. With a picture of him on his bike, doing the TT. Are you really Wreckedit's Mum? What's this Pot kettle black thing on about?? Are you for real?

/........, means you are stupid, or ignorant?

/.......... you need to get out more.

You don't seem to understand some very basic concepts of understanding. My posts are designed to be informing, and entertaining. Yours are just bile, and misunderstanding, and hatred.

/'''''''''. You are obviously off in cloud cuckoo land, talking rubbish...again.

/.............. Are you really Wreckedit's Mum? What's this Pot kettle black thing on about?? Are you for real?

Yep, that's about as informative as you'll ever manage. But I will accept that they are occasionally entertaining.

I wonder what your school reports were like. Something like:
"English: This student is gifted. His girlfriend is amazing, his life is so full of astonishing incidents. One of the best examples of creative writing I have ever seen." or
"Your child has delusions of adequacy." or
"Your son sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them."
Or even a quote:
"There he goes, one of gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, too rare to die. "
Raoul Duke

Sponsored Links
Back