The Dangers of UK Safety Socket Covers

Sponsored Links
Nanny state in over drive as usual. Just let em get a good blast of the 240 and they'll know not to touch it again.

The dude said that most people don't realise the "little shutters" exist so they use the plastic covers.
What a load of cobblers.

He also said that if his socket was wired up to LIVE and he touched it he would be killed.
Again a load of cobblers.
What he needed was his head shaved and a wet sponge set on it and the 240v live cracked unto it momentarily to waken his brain up IMO.

Nanny state in over drive as usual. Just let em get a good blast of the 240 and they'll know not to touch it again.

The dude said that most people don't realise the "little shutters" exist so they use the plastic covers.
What a load of cobblers.

He also said that if his socket was wired up to LIVE and he touched it he would be killed.
Again a load of cobblers.
What he needed was his head shaved and a wet sponge set on it and the 240v live cracked unto it momentarily to waken his brain up IMO.
Come on man Norcon! Get off the fence!!! :D

Sponsored Links
Yeah Norcon - you're just jealous 'cos he's probably seeing that fit doctor and you're not :evil:

to be perfectly honest, I as an electrician, of 35 yrs standing.
Ive never seen the virtue of these socket covers, and for the self same reasons as highlighted in the video, the socket outlet by design is inheriently the safest outlet in the world. since 1947.

plugs however were not, in the last 52yrs, the most significant change has been the introduction of insulated pins.

that came about due to decimalisation and the new one penny piece, try it some time and see what a snug fit it is between all three pins..

a school lab assistant had his hand blown off, :eek:

all this carp has come about because the muppet nation run this world, with IQ of nursery nurses :evil:

Plug in THEN switch on :idea: so the lab assistant plugged into a Live --ie. switched on --socket :?: Why bother making them switched then :rolleyes:

My Dad was telling me something about putting old pennies in a plug, when he was an apprentice in the 60s. He said they all used to do it for a laugh on each other back then. "Switch that plug on mate".... BANG.

really not funny if you knew, the short circuit potential before the fuse would blow

Does anyone remember the last time they saw something in the news about a child that was injured, or worse by sticking something into an electrical socket?

Does anyone remember the last time they saw something in the news about a child that was injured, or worse by sticking something into an electrical socket?

But is this down to good luck? I distinctly remember as a child trying to prise out the plastic earth pin from an adaptor that had snapped off in the plug socket with a kitchen fork - Ok it was the earth pin and it was plastic, but my grandma went ballistic when she caught me doing it! As a child it could have been the live pin and it could have been metal and i'd probably still have done it?

Would it make the news anyway? Maybe the local news if it was fatal, but there's too much intentional cruelty to children these days to report accidental injuries on the news.

Sponsored Links
Back