The Earl of Kent

Forgive my ignorance but I am a little confused. What on earth has the Earl of Kent got to do with sandwiches?

Sponsored Links
I've been wondering that for the last couple of days but I thought I was the only one in here that didn't know - so I kept quiet!

Moz said:
I refuse to use heinz now after HP have shafted their workers in the UK

Quite right... there are plenty of other brands. It is a British icon.

I have sent a person objection direct to http://www.heinz.co.uk/content/talk_to_us.aspx

Of course, it might be a marketing ploy intended to whip up public interest, like when they pretended they were going to discontinue Heinz Salad Cream (vile stuff).

Earl of Kent ...he was a regal rebrobate who liked to drink an play cards , during one marathon game he told his man servant to stick some food in between two loaves an thats how the sandwich was borne ...:)

JohnD
Ive been onto my MP an have sent him a letter , Im getting quite good at complaining ,my missus calls me meldrew ,lol

Sponsored Links
quite correct , :) :) :)

but the same thing ...

Sandwich, "Kent" England UK: The Origin of the Sandwich

John Montagu ....It is said that in approx.1762, he asked for meat to be served between slices of bread, to avoid interrupting a gambling game. This story may have been rumour or adverse propoganda, put about by his rivals.

Maybe to a northerner lol.... the facts however prove otherwise. Now I'm off to make a plate of bacon dovers lol........

Sponsored Links
Back