The Earl of Kent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I try not to eat too much bread as it seems to make me feel sluggish and makes me put on weight, but when I do, I like cheap white bread, with margarine scraped on then off again; strong cheddar cut into slices not grated and lettuce with a bit of salt. I have no preference in what way the bread should be cut, although my Mum thinks rectangles are common while my Nan thinks triangles are posh (this common/posh issue has gone way deeper in the past).

What's your favourite sandwich? In detail please.

Sponsored Links
Fresh roast turkey, with sliced sage and onion stuffing on well buttered brown bread, a light sprinkle of salt and a good bit of black pepper. Cut in to triangles (so I can pretend I'm posh) :)

Roast beef, rare, sliced thin but laid thick, no butter, but soft wholemeal bread spread with horseradish sauce; sliced beefsteak tomato (preferably straight from the garden and dark red verging on the past-its-best with fresh-ground black pepper.

Or sometimes vintage cheddar, soft brown bread spread with tomato chutney (no butter) possibly traces of pale crisp lettuce or chopped spring onions. Sliced cucumber with the skins on if it's handy.

Or cold buttery onion sauce, thick in both senses, with or without cold roast lamb.

Cut in halves. I'm posh but not a nancy ;)

Sponsored Links
I'd assumed he meant blondes.

multilingual spelling is not a universal skill.

But. each to his own.

English ham in fresh bread roll, I'm a fussy eater tbh, that is all I eat in the way of sandwiches :oops:

Also steer away from bread for the same reasons - but when I indulge I want to make it worth it
Hot sandwich - chicken livers sauteed in butter, deglazed with calvados or some such thing and a bit of cream whisked in - piled into a pumpkinseed roll with plenty of Lamslettuce and a generous grating of fresh black pepper. Also works well with cubed and boned chicken thighs
Arteries clogging just thing about it.

cold sandwich - thick doorsteps of pungently fresh,soft ,white bread spread with butter and Marmite.

My favourite sandwich is of lark's tongues, lightly sauteed in butter made from the milk of ewes fed on the green grass of south-west Ireland, (you can substitute lambs testicles for the larks tongues, but these may be difficult to get hold of), the bread should be unleavened German pumpernickel baked with the roasted seeds of the Himalayan tamarind, garnished should be fresh truffles, but no more than a day old.

If these ingredients are not readily available, a good substitute is Tesco value peanut butter served on last week's white sliced bread with a slice of dairylea processed cheese. Mmm lovely.

4 Bacon slices, cooked very crispy in a pan with fat , sliced tom/mushroom fried up , then tin loaf crust ends toasted
an one slice coated in Tesco own brand red sauce , an branston brown sauce on other ,

I refuse to use heinz now after HP have shafted their workers in the UK

http://www.brownsauce.org/

F*CK HEINZ ...scumbags ... :) :)

back to doorstop butty.........
then shove lot in ...an devour as wife makes a pint cup of strong pg tips Tea ......

Sponsored Links
Back