The Great Volcanic Ash Balls Up

L

Lincsbodger

The truth about the balls up the Met Office made about the ash:

*Attempts to measure the ash's density were hampered because the main aircraft used by the Meteorological Office for this purpose had been grounded as it was due to be repainted.

* Computers at the Met Office, which earlier forecast a 'barbecue summer' last year and a mild winter for this year, produced a stream of maps predicting the ash would cover a vast area, eventually stretching from Russia to Newfoundland. But across almost all of it, there was virtually no ash at all, and none visible to satellites.

* Though there was some ash over Britain at times during the ban, the maximum density measured by scientists was only about one twentieth of the limit that scientists, the Government, and aircraft and engine manufacturers have now decided is safe.

'We never understood why a blanket ban had been imposed - something that would not have happened in other parts of the world,' a senior airline executive said yesterday.

On April 15, in satellite images, the Icelandic volcano plume is clearly visible as a streak of orange, or 4.0 on the scale. Scientists say that anything more than a 2.0 could indicate ash. The maps make it clear that for most of the shutdown, ash was visible over only small parts of Britain, and on some days, there was none at all

As the days went by without the restrictions being lifted, its clear the policy was based on theoretical models which had little grounding in reality.

The Met Office strikes again..............

Sponsored Links
Its this bloody useless computer they have. They spent £250M on it, so there darent admit its a load of rubbish. So far it predicted the Barbecue Summer, the Mild Winter and now the Ash Cloud.

Then they expect us to take seriously predictions by this pile of junk about impending doom from climate change.

Sorry, I think the Global Climate Change Fallacy is based on nothing but rubbish data. I dont believe it anymore. Why has the sea ice been thickening if there global warming? Why hasnt there been any significant increase in global temperatures for 10 years? Its all a load of rubbish use by the politicians to screw more money out of us.

Its all a load of rubbish use by the politicians to screw more money out of us.

And what do they do with it? Schools, health etc. If they kept it I might listen to you but you are talking cobblers.

Sponsored Links
If they kept it I might listen to you but you are talking cobblers.

The predictions of global warming are based on this dodgy computer, already proven to be a heap of ****e, using dodgy data from the University of East Anglian, which we now KNOW is fiddled, and from those predictions, the entire strategy of green taxes is based.

The Met Office tells the politicians what they want to hear, because the government uses the predictions of dire catastrophe to bludgeon us with taxes under the pretence 'its green' ,'it saves the environment'. Its the Emperors new clothes syndrome.

No one in authority wants to stand up and point out the whole thing is based on ******, because they all have too much to lose, personally.

Now, would you care to point out any logical fallacies or factual inaccuracies in my post before trying to call it 'cobblers;. Perhaps you would like to forward your own carefully explained alternative theory, before simply calling someone else's post' cobblers'. Its could be in fact, your talking ****, you have no alternatives, you have no counter arguments, and you have no debating points. Your just randomly swiping from the sidelines, and your full of ****e.

Would you care to clarify which ?

It's a little known fact, that the new supercomputer the Met Office are using is actually a refurbished Sinclair ZX81 linked to an Atari ST and a BBC Acorn computer. They are linked with an old piece of coaxial cable and the monitor is actually a Binatone 14" portable TV.
Their senior programmer, Simon Smith aged 6 3/4 said yesterday " We expected a few setbacks when halfway through programming it , my mum called me in for dinner. Then grounded me for a fortnight as I ain't cleaned me bedroom up."
A spokesman for the Met Office said today, that an agreement had been reached with Simon's mum and he would be back tomorrow after school, just as long as it's not raining.
Pressed on the subject the spokesman said they could not confirm whether it would rain tomorrow, but were keeping their fingers crossed for clear skies and jam butties. :D :D :D :D :D

Are you saying that every bit of proof re global warming is produced by this one computer?

No satellite data that shows the receding ice cap? No measurements that show nearly every hottest year on record was in the past couple of decades?

You talk a load of cobblers.

And what do they do with it? Schools, health etc. If they kept it I might listen to you but you are talking cobblers.
Also advisers on all matters pertaining to "global warming", wind farm subsidies, research, etc etc etc. In short, a whole publically financed army of people who would otherwise be unemployed.

It's of the same ilk as London traffic warders - create new ways of raising money people to finance the warders and related bureaucracy; under an alleged moral guise of making the world a better place.

If it weren't this, it would be some other scheme.

they've done well to get the flights back on schedule though.. we're supposed to have all the stranded brits back in the UK by tonight..

Mom and Dad got into Gatwick about 14:00 and are on the coach back up to dudley as I type.. gotta go pick them up at 19:45 from the bus station..

It's a little known fact, that the new supercomputer the Met Office are using is actually a refurbished Sinclair ZX81 linked to an Atari ST and a BBC Acorn computer. They are linked with an old piece of coaxial cable and the monitor is actually a Binatone 14" portable TV.
Their senior programmer, Simon Smith aged 6 3/4 said yesterday " We expected a few setbacks when halfway through programming it , my mum called me in for dinner. Then grounded me for a fortnight as I ain't cleaned me bedroom up."
A spokesman for the Met Office said today, that an agreement had been reached with Simon's mum and he would be back tomorrow after school, just as long as it's not raining.
Pressed on the subject the spokesman said they could not confirm whether it would rain tomorrow, but were keeping their fingers crossed for clear skies and jam butties. :D :D :D :D :D
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The predictions of global warming are based on this dodgy computer, already proven to be a heap of s***te, using dodgy data from the University of East Anglian, which we now KNOW is fiddled, and from those predictions, the entire strategy of green taxes is based. The Met Office tells the politicians what they want to hear, because the government uses the predictions of dire catastrophe to bludgeon us with taxes under the pretence 'its green' ,'it saves the environment'. Its the Emperors new clothes syndrome. No one in authority wants to stand up and point out the whole thing is based on ****, because they all have too much to lose, personally.

Now, would you care to point out any logical fallacies or factual inaccuracies in my post before trying to call it 'cobblers;. Perhaps you would like to forward your own carefully explained alternative theory, before simply calling someone else's post' cobblers'. Its could be in fact, your talking s**t, you have no alternatives, you have no counter arguments, and you have no debating points. Your just randomly swiping from the sidelines, and your full of s***te.

Would you care to clarify which ?

Are you saying that every bit of proof re global warming is produced by this one computer? No satellite data that shows the receding ice cap? No measurements that show nearly every hottest year on record was in the past couple of decades?

You talk a load of cobblers.

The Met Office supplies the information to the government, using this computer. They are the definitve source of information for the government to base there green taxes strategy on.

You want some arguments about why global warming is a fallacy, just a money making machine? Lets see your counter evidence or counter arguments to these points:

1. Where was the 'Barbeque Summer'? Wher was the Mild Winter? All predictions of global warming are based on computer models, not historical data. In order to get their models to produce predictions that are close to their designers’ expectations, modelers resort to “flux adjustments” that can be 25 times larger than the effect of doubling carbon dioxide concentrations, the supposed trigger for global warming. Richard A. Kerr, a writer for Science, says “climate modelers have been ‘cheating’ for so long it’s almost become respectable.”

2. Why have we just had the coldest winter for 31 years? Temperatures during the Medieval Warm Period (roughly 800 to 1200 AD), which allowed the Vikings to settle presently inhospitable Greenland, were higher than even the worst-case scenario reported by the IPCC. The period from about 5000-3000 BC, known as the “climatic optimum,” was even warmer and marked “a time when mankind began to build its first civilizations,” observe James Plummer and Frances B. Smith in a study for Consumer Alert. “There is good reason to believe that a warmer climate would have a similar effect on the health and welfare of our own far more advanced and adaptable civilization today.”

3. Why has the sea ice started building back up? Ice this year is back to normal levels compared to 2001

nsidc_n_stddev_timeseries_033110.png

4. Satellite readings of temperatures in the lower troposphere (an area scientists predict would immediately reflect any global warming) show no warming since readings began 23 years ago. These readings are accurate to within 0.01ºC, and are consistent with data from weather balloons. Only land-based temperature stations show a warming trend, and these stations do not cover the entire globe, are often contaminated by heat generated by nearby urban development, and are subject to human error.

5. More than 17,000 scientists have signed a petition circulated by the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine saying, in part, “there is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the Earth’s climate.”

6. The Met Office can't project an accurate forecast a week in advance and yet say that we're doomed in the future. There computer model doesnt even allow for real time data to be incorporated, its a heap of junk!!!

7. That the Earth is growing warmer is a fact. It gets warmer and colder in cycles, which is why we have mini ice ages every 20,000 or so years, and great cooling every 100,000 years. Thats not us, thats the climate doing its own thing. Theres little direct evidence we have contributed to these cycles.

How do you explain this graph:

specmap_graph.gif

Its shows the cyclic build up and melting of Polar Ice over 700k years. Theres clearly no evidence of runaway melting there, even in the last 200 years. Earth has undergone multiple regular global climate shifts long before any significant human activity could have possibly affected the environment on a large scale.

Sorry, you've swallowed the myth without checking the facts. There's more evidence to say it nothing to do with us than there is to say it is.

Now, do you think you could manage at least a half intelligent reply, i.e. something a bit more intellectually challenging than 'cobblers' ?

The world doesn't rotate around the UK. Our winter was quite severe but was still one of the warmest the world has ever seen.

Stop talking cobblers.

The world doesn't rotate around the UK. Our winter was quite severe but was still one of the warmest the world has ever seen.

Stop talking cobblers.

So, you failed to even come up with one debunk of any single point in my post.

You are wrong, because your unable to demonstrate either you are right, or i am wrong. This is known as 'losing the debate'.

I am right, because you cant string two sentences together to come up with an intelligent counterargument. You just ignore anything you have no answer for, which in this case, is 99% of my post. That hardly amounts to debate, now does it?

So, we have shown that in fact there is no global warming caused by man. You have offered no evidence there is, and you have failed to debunk my facts. You lose.

Sensible People 1 Joe the idiot 0.

BTW, wasnt Joe 90 an inert wooden puppet with a solid wood head? How appropriate.................

In the past 13 years 11 of the hottest years on record have happened.

Satellite imaging has shown the Ice Cap melting and the Northwest passage reopening.

Sea levels are rising due to the water being warmer and taking up more space.

HOWEVER! You really don't want to know that because you are a Conspiracy Theorist which is a form of neurosis or in layman's terms a 'mental illness'.

If the truth came along and bit you on the glans you'd blame the dog. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back