The immovable object! - a bath tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

Any tips for removing a very solid bath tap please?

It is fitted to a cast iron bath at a friends which is staying. Got one tap off after lot of work with blowtorch on the nut. Same has not worked on this the harder to reach one. Have broken tap spanner on it. Tried large adjustable as there is just enough room to swing it between nut and wall.

All I can think off is to use a grinder- hard to get underneath- so cut off tap from above and then grind carefully down until remains can be knocked through.

Any other suggestions please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
no...that`s what I`d do and why I don`t give prices for changing bath taps ;)

[another way is to chain drill the back nut with a battery drill using drill bits of increasing size. once through one side of nut you can open up the nut a little with a large blade screw driver & undo the nut,( safty gogles required.)

Sponsored Links
Thanks chaps

Wish I had not started it now of course!

The drill through side of nut has occurred to me as did that before with sisters sink tap - much easier to get to!

Will return with drills, grinder hammer and dynamite!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back