the last guy was a bit cheaper than me....

You get what you pay for i suppose, how much will it cost them to sort it, more than the difference between quotes I bet.

the d/ls cost the customer £90 to install, and considerably more for me to throw them all in the bin and start again

Sponsored Links
can you point me to in the gas regs where you have to put an isolation vlv on the gas supply if a boiler is in the loft????????????????????
this is new to me! i think thats **** to be honest.[/b]

It could well be "****" (whatever that is) - Regulation number I can't help you sorry - the specifics could be folklore.
However, I'm not sure how it works with plumbers, but electricians follow the red book BS7671 and in that it states that
Manufacturers instructions must be followed - by implication we could be liable if we don't and the customers guarantee could be worthless.

If plumbers do follow the MI then there are a number of boiler manufacturers like Glow-worm that have this requirement in their MI or will tell you on request
http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/service-..._sd/frequently-asked-technical-questions.html
Some go further and insist that the filler loop must also be accessible without having to go in the loft.

Sponsored Links
ohhh you were digressing.. the boiler in the ops loft is not a combi, filler loops are not found on system boilers, only combis.

ohhh you were digressing.. the boiler in the ops loft is not a combi, filler loops are not found on system boilers, only combis.

You will have to tell me where I used the word combi?
Perhaps it is you who are digressing.

sigh.... really?

Combination boilers
no storage tank, water and heating are heated directly from boiler via cold mains.

Sealed system boilers (unvented)
A system boiler (also known as a closed or sealed system boiler) works on the principle of stored hot water. This means that you will need an airing cupboard or other space for the hot water storage tank.

Open vent and open vent sealed system boilers
An open vent boiler is the existing system in most people’s homes. This type of system uses two water tanks, both located in the loft, and a hot water storage cylinder in the airing cupboard so it is very space hungry. One tank draws water from the mains supply and feeds the storage cylinder which, when heated by the boiler, can release hot water to taps all over the house.

....or perhapes you could explain. :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back