the last guy was a bit cheaper than me....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i can see why.... :eek: :) :D :LOL:

nice..

i guess its easy to be competitive when you don't bother with junction boxes and other trivialities.

Turns out the sockets and the d/ls were installed by the builder 18-24 months ago, the rest of the lighting circuit was done by 'an electrician' around the same sort of time, during a bathroom/bedroom extension.

I was going to ask to have a look at the certs for the work, but didn't bother in the end. Part P? wass tha then?

BTW thats how i found the sockets, i hadn't touched anything at that point.

I wonder how many regs does this lot fall foul of? :confused:

Sponsored Links
You get what you pay for i suppose, how much will it cost them to sort it, more than the difference between quotes I bet.

Up heaters - don't you love them.

Is that a gas boiler in the loft - get the elf and safety boys out immediately. :eek: In fact get the DPM out right away.

Sponsored Links
Have seen many boilers in lofts installed by reputable fitters, allowed isn't it?

My new boiler is going in my loft and 2 gas safe registered installers see no problems with it going there.... :?:

My new boiler is going in my loft and 2 gas safe registered installers see no problems with it going there.... :?:

Just testing to see if you were all looking......

Yes you can have a boiler in the loft if the MI say you can however....

You must have adequate lighting.

A walkway must be constructed from the loft entrance to the boiler with enough board around the boiler to work safely.

You must be able to isolate the gas supply to the boiler without entering the attic, and not just the meter ECV.

There must be handrails around the loft hatch.

Suitable access equipment eg loft ladder must be in place - not just any pair of step ladders.

I think there are a few more issues over which wall and access for the condensate pipe etc...

Those conditions for the loft entry are indeed correct.

Who fits these things in order that the carpenter can go up and fit them safely?

Just testing to see if you were all looking......

Yes you can have a boiler in the loft if the MI say you can however....

You must have adequate lighting.

A walkway must be constructed from the loft entrance to the boiler with enough board around the boiler to work safely.

You must be able to isolate the gas supply to the boiler without entering the attic, and not just the meter ECV.

There must be handrails around the loft hatch.

Suitable access equipment eg loft ladder must be in place - not just any pair of step ladders.

I think there are a few more issues over which wall and access for the condensate pipe etc...

can you point me to in the gas regs where you have to put an isolation vlv on the gas supply if a boiler is in the loft????????????????????
this is new to me! i think thats *******s to be honest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back