The loony right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, the membership of the Tory party, the people who chose Liz Truss and applaud Braverman, predominantly older people, are out of step with the government, and trying to push ever further to the right, like Farage's supporters and the Reform company. The loony right extremists are fed by their favourite media and are very upset when they encounter the majority of the nation, who do not share their views.

Which specific policies do you consider to be "ever further to the right" and the work of "loony right extremists"?

Sponsored Links
FFS, if we want to discuss politics go to the comments section of the Guardian or the Telegraph. Even under "general discussion" there isn't much point discussing it here.

The loony right extremists are fed by their favourite media and are very upset when they encounter the majority of the nation, who do not share their views.

...makes more sense because opinionated folk prefer listening to an echo chamber than having reasonable debate about opposing view. [insert adjective of your choice]

Lord Farage would be a way for him to become PM. However, slightly odd that torey mp's in marginal seats are flirting with reform to win votes, it makes no sense when they will be up against them. Trying to have it both ways, or a pre cursor to joining the party just before the GE.

Granted I don't have kids, however I do have nieces and nephews who I obviously love and want the best for.

However ...

I get fed up with folk bleating on about the damage older generations have done to this that the other and the negative effect this will have on younger generations.

Looking back through the decades, centuries even, there are numerous times when things were tough for young and old alike, with the future uncertain. That's life, that's the ebb and flow of good and bad socioeconomic decisions and strategy.

I'm sure, if us older folk have fecked things up for younger folk, as those younger folk get older they'll figure out a way to get through. Just as has happened decade in decade out.
I don't think there has ever been a period in the UK's history where retirees have had a better run.

Sponsored Links
Lord Farage would be a way for him to become PM. However, slightly odd that torey mp's in marginal seats are flirting with reform to win votes, it makes no sense when they will be up against them. Trying to have it both ways, or a pre cursor to joining the party just before the GE.
Who is Lord Farage?

Who is Lord Farage?
A fantasy figure dreamed of by the few remaining rabid Brexers. They recognise that farage has never managed to get himself elected to Parliament.

Farage could only get a peerage if some other Prime Minister saw an advantage in giving him one.

I find it rather sad that a misogynistic racist thug has the right to vote...
You find it sad that ANYONE has the right to vote unless they vote the same way as you.
Ironic how mottie says...

"Mind you, there is a very well known remainer on this forum who admits that he has fallen out with and now hates his father solely because of how his father voted in the referendum"

That will come back to bite mottie in bum when his kids/grandkids realise how he has wrecked their life choices!
So what you are saying is that the reason you hate your dad is because you realise that he has wrecked your life choices. In what way?

"Liz Truss among Tory MPs at Nigel Farage's birthday party"

"Fellow Conservative MP Dame Andrea Jenkyns also attended the event for Reform UK's honorary president.
Meanwhile, there was a video message from former US President Donald Trump, who described Mr Farage as a "prophetic leader".

"Mr Farage began his political journey as a Conservative but quit the party in the early 1990s over its then pro-European stance.
He was warmly welcomed at the Tory Party's annual conference in Manchester last year, where he was seen dancing with former Conservative minister Priti Patel at a karaoke party."

BBC
Is that from Facebook ?

A fantasy figure dreamed of by the few remaining rabid Brexers. They recognise that farage has never managed to get himself elected to Parliament.

Farage could only get a peerage if some other Prime Minister saw an advantage in giving him one.
He helped promote the shìtshow that made the UK divided and poorer.
He deserves a lamp post.

Just shows how far this great country has fallen, that such a lightweight could be spoken of, even half - jokingly, in such terms.

He would have made a good tabloid editor, he has an eye for a headline that will sell papers and sell an opinion

Ah, you're thinking of taxes on the wealth that older people tend to have, and young people don't.
Older people are, in the main, entitled to be wealthier than younger people. Why? Cause in the main they've worked and contributed to society for 3+ decades more than younger people (depending on what's considered younger and older.)

Older people are, in the main, entitled to be wealthier than younger people. Why? Cause in the main they've worked and contributed to society for 3+ decades more than younger people (depending on what's considered younger and older.)

You haven't grasped the point.

Let me give you some clues.

What are the chances of a young person getting a permanent job with a good pension?

What are the chances of a young person buying a decent home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links