The Moon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's a nice night. Go outside and look at the moon and marvel at the fact that 12 men have stood on its surface and all come home again.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Do it now!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

lol... i do it all the time... i love the moon.. (not so keen of being told to do anything by you though!!)

And what i don't get is... when the moon is at a quarter (say) how can we see the other 3 quarters, as a slightly less shaded thing? where's the light coming from?

Diffused light off the earths atmosphere?
Or should that be refracted light?

And what i don't get is... when the moon is at a quarter (say) how can we see the other 3 quarters, as a slightly less shaded thing? where's the light coming from?[/quote]

They explained that on QI the other night.....................**** schools

And what i don't get is... when the moon is at a quarter (say) how can we see the other 3 quarters, as a slightly less shaded thing? where's the light coming from?

They explained that on QI the other night.....................**** schools[/quote]

yeah well thanks for that... let us have the benefit of YOUR understanding then? :eek:

It would be reflected earthlight coming back after bouncing off the moon.

There is no debate. It's obvious what causes the effect you describe, I've already given you the answer. If you can understand physics you would know that the Earth looks a lot bigger from the moon, than he moon does from Earth. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back