THE NEW 2009 ROAD TAX CHARGES (DISGUSTING)

Sponsored Links
what yr is van, when was it registered ?

mine was registered after 01 2005 so it is fitted with a euro 4 engine which makes the tax only £120.

ah I see, I didn't know that, bought mine new on April 04, So now its costing me £60 a year more from now on :( I bet its the same engine too!

all i know is the emissions are different when i asked in renault on a service.
why my tax was cheaper on this van 05 than my old 03 trafic.

Sponsored Links
Whats up with you lot, I sold my van and bought a Trebant pick up. Absolutely brilliant,only holds 8 litres of juice, does 120mpg and I get a cheque back from DVLC every month for driving it! The downside is it can only be loaded with 1 concrete block and if I'me working more than 2 miles away I set off the day before but Hey Ho!

Yep, 'tis £215 from April 1st. Goes up a whole fiver.

You must have the auto then? edit: That's not listed on the link from the official site, but it is on the link from the Parkers site which appears to be superior. The official site still just shows the existing rates which effectively no longer apply if you're renewing for April.
Cars registered on or after 1 March 2001 (based on fuel type and CO2 emissions)
The rates shown only apply to cars that have been type approved in category M1 and registered on the basis of CO2 emissions measured in grams per kilometre (g/km) driven. These details are shown on the Registration Certificate.

Petrol car (TC48) and diesel car (TC49)

Band
CO2 emission (g/km)
12 months rate
6 months rate

A
Up to 100
Not applicable
Not applicable

B
101-120
£35.00
Not applicable

C
121-150
£120.00
£66.00

D
151-165
£145.00
£79.75

E
166-185
£170.00
£93.50

F
Over 185
£210.00
£115.50

G
Over 225 – for cars registered on or after 23/03/06
£400.00
£220.00

Alternative idea

Make petrol free of charge,

Then everyone goes out driving as often as they can,

Cars wear out faster, massive traffic jams force people to use the trains.

Maybe after a few weeks or months using a car becomes so terrible the majority of people stop driving for good.

Mine was £170 when I taxed it late last year... Amazingly, I was grateful! :eek: Many ordinary cars out there attract £200+ tax. £0 tax is a privilege for the rich. I priced up the £0 VED eco Ford Fiesta and once you have such frivolities as doors and seats you're looking at the thick end of £17k. For a Ford Fiesta diesel. A £17K Fiesta is a luxury, no matter how unluxurious it is. :LOL:

and then watch as the price of everything transported by road skyrockets into the stratosphere

That's the problem... Lorries are only cheap as long as diesel is cheap. If we put major tax breaks on bright-pink carriages pulled by elephants, you can bet that 20 years from now most of our food would be delivered by such contraptions.

Diesel lorries are not so wonderful we must keep them running at all costs. We need something to replace either the diesel part or the lorry part, or both.

It's time to move on to the next thing. We just need to invent it. ;)

Why are emissions brought into the equation ????

I thought your road fund licence was to pay for road maintenance due to wear and tear from the traffic using it

Why are emissions brought into the equation ????

I thought your road fund licence was to pay for road maintenance due to wear and tear from the traffic using it

cr*p really cause you can buy a 1965 smokey joe and pay no tax.

Sponsored Links
Back