THE NEW 2009 ROAD TAX CHARGES (DISGUSTING)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cant believe my new road tax bill £215 all i drive is a 1.6 kangoo athentque 2004,
my soddin motor home is only £185 and my other kangoo 1.9 diesel is also £185 these new charges are terrible.

GET THIS SODDIN LOT VOTED OUT VOTE BNP...............

Sponsored Links
Cant believe my new road tax bill £215 all i drive is a 1.6 kangoo athentque 2004,
my soddin motor home is only £185 and my other kangoo 1.9 diesel is also £185 these new charges are terrible.

They have to get the revenue back they have given to the small cars that are eco friendly, ie zero road tax.
I believe any vehicle that uses space on our roads should pay their share, small cars included.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
BNP....

Still not sure.

I carry out a debt collecting service (in an area I dont live in) but It tops up my income and Im appalled by the idiots that think the BNP will help with their woes.

Dave

This Government isn't remotely interested in green issues its all about £'s ... If they were then diesel would be cheaper than petrol :rolleyes:

MW

Get a Citroen C1 or something similar. £35.00 a year road tax and 55 mile to the gallon zapping up and down the motorway. got it for wife but I use it now. Mind you if you want to carry more than one toolbox you're stuffed.

they should scrap road tax and put it on the price of fuel..

that way the gas guzzlers and people who do loads of miles, and wear the roads out, pay more....

pay for what you use..

at the moment it's really unfair..

( the following are made up figures for example.. )
if I have a 1.1L smart car adn drive it 150 miles a day to work every day, i pay less than someone who has some fancy 4.0L beast but only takes it out of the garrage for 6 weekends a year when the sun is shining..

that way the gas guzzlers and people who do loads of miles, and wear the roads out, pay more....

pay for what you use..

if I have a 1.1L smart car adn drive it 150 miles a day to work every day, i pay less than someone who has some fancy 4.0L beast but only takes it out of the garrage for 6 weekends a year when the sun is shining..

I'd go further - use licence plate recognition to add further price to fuel at the garage for city owned 4by4's, and reduce for others (handicapped, pensioners etc).

Get a Citroen C1 or something similar. £35.00 a year road tax and 55 mile to the gallon zapping up and down the motorway. got it for wife but I use it now. Mind you if you want to carry more than one toolbox you're stuffed.
Yep, we've got one, I love it for bombing around locally and the RFL goes down to £20 too.

Yep, we've got one, I love it for bombing around locally and the RFL goes down to £20 too.

Agreed - great little town car!

and then watch as the price of everything transported by road skyrockets into the stratosphere.

"gas guzzlers", merely by the definition of the media enfrothulated catchphrase, already pay more.

pay for what you use..

see above.

in what way?

err, what? :confused:

heeelllooo bob
glad your life is so tranquil that a 9P a day differential between tax rates would drive you towards the jackboot squad ;)

Sponsored Links
Back