The ol' Potterton Combi 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, just a quick question...

The above named boiler has a Potterton Puma P/Pilot modulating board installed, the Combi 80 is electronic ignition, now here's my qyuestion- should the Combi 80 still work correctly?

Cheers all

Al

Sponsored Links
It will apparently work but the general bodge is to cut the "LK1" link on the PP board if fitting it to an electronic boiler model.

Its not technically correct but many people do it to get a repair sorted out on one visit.

Tony

Cheers Tony

Replacing the board Monday for the correct one, not into bodges myself. Then I've just got to sort out the rest of the problems with the property, mainly not modulating, but hoping the correct board will sort that. Go there to do a landlords safety cert and recieve a nice list from the tenant of leaks, faulty trv's banging pipework etc etc.

Al

I dont think the correct PCB will affect modulation.

Suggest you check the gas valve min/max pressures and that the two sensors are the correct resistance.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Damn, I thought you'd say that, I want to change the board before I do anything with the boiler anyway. They have a good landlord, doesn't mind paying for work to be done.

Interesting to know about the LK1 link trick, didn't notice if it had been played about with and had been snipped.

Al

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back