1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

The Other Weeds in the Lawn?

Discussion in 'In the Garden' started by Foresty Forest, 21 Sep 2021.

1. Foresty Forest

Foresty Forest

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Have used Resolva lawn weedkiller, which sorts out the clover and dandelions, but doesn't seem to kill the other weeds? I think these are mostly speedwell and selfheal? What weedkiller is recommended for these other weeds that Resolva doesn't kill? We have a dog, so would need something that is safe after application.

Thanks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. OddsBodkin

OddsBodkin

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Why kill clover? I understand your antipathy towards dandelions and their flossy heads but one mans weed is anothers flower.
    Instead of using chemicals perhaps a more frequent mowing schedule will keep your lawn looking tidier.
    Personally i don't like lawns, though i see the benefits in some areas, and if you do insist on a lawn why not sow wildflowers that bring a bit of colour to the garden: or herbs like thyme, camomile and even irish moss that shows delicate white flowers in summer. Mint can add a fragrant note to a lawn too.
    Most people love buttercups but i've been plagued by the damn things for years. Their roots are like the claws of a bear and they send out runners like a desperate General. Foragers would've loved the amount of wild garlic in my garden but i swore to get rid of it before it completely took over the garden. It took me two years of persistent digging but i had my victory in the end. The flowers were nice, like white bluebells but the smell was like a frenchmans breath on a bad day. Terrible stuff.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. SFK

SFK

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    • Thanks Thanks x 1