The Planners TV documentary

Yeah i found myself watching this too.
Amazed at the mosque decision, it was so obviously biased in imho. The lead chair (who didn't look like a natural caucasion) and the other asian fella moved for a vote pretty darned quickly without hearing what everyone had to say. Thought that was pretty outrageous.

Not saying they 'shouldn't have had consent, but it should have been discussed properly and not fast-tracked due to the backhanders those two councillors must have (obviously) got.

More to the point was that even though it seems like they were not given the opportunity to fully discuss the reasons for refusal, most of the other councillors also voted for approval!! It's the blind leading the blind!! That one should definately be open to a judicial review.

Sponsored Links
On one episode someone had apparently lost £10,000 on an application to drop their curb (which was refused), how can that have cost 10k, was it the planning consultants fees?

On one episode someone had apparently lost £10,000 on an application to drop their curb (which was refused), how can that have cost 10k, was it the planning consultants fees?

Too much money, not enough sense... I imagine she went to the most expensive consultant she could find thinking that they would definately get the application approved... and the guys comment... "50 / 50" chance! LOL

I was wishing it'd get refused when she pulled the crying sob-story (though admittedly that old lady councillor was a bit of a dragon)... my wife is particularly disdainful of sob story applicants... She's waiting for the episode where we see a heavily pregnant woman wanting her application to be decided right away because she is about to have her baby any day now and needs the room for it.... its not as if pregnancy doesn't last 9months... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Too much money, not enough sense... I imagine she went to the most expensive consultant she could find thinking that they would definately get the application approved... and the guys comment... "50 / 50" chance! LOL

I do feel a bit sorry for that case, the adjoining semi does have a front driveway and also retains the garden that was so important to the conservation people, I think she went wrong when she argued with the dragon! She did make a bit of a meal out of reversing into the rear driveway though! Looks like they had applied/withdrawn many many times for the same change. Mind you, looking up the conservation area details, the council do specifically comment on issues of driveways eating up the gardens!

watched the 1st 1 where the only house in the road without a front drive was refused.because they wanted to keep it traditional !!!!!!hows that work then when iirc the other 16 houses all had front driveways.and the way 1 of the planning committee members who happened to be a woman spoke to the home owner was outrageous.
agree with others over last nights program over the mosque,but then again minority rules doesnt it.

as for the couple who finally got planning permission for there houses good luck to them,3 failed attempts and from what i fathomed out only got through by doing some very clever greasing,by saying they will pay for the footpath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back