The procedure to permanently close down an oil supply system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do any of you oil professionals know what the procedure is? I have to write this as answer for my homework and I can't find it in BS5410 or any of my textbooks

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm not going to tell you what THE procedure is, because I don't know. Nor do I know there is ONLY one. If there is, there ought not to be (insert expletives as required). The problem with procedures is they stifle thinking. Before anyone tells you their version, think where the hazards are and what they are, assess the risk, and work out how you can deal with them while not increasing the hazard.

From my limited contact with the HSE, they are more comforted by people thinking than blindly following a procedure.

Sponsored Links
I reckon its a kind of trick question where we are expected to draw on our limited knowledge and common sense rather than blindly copy it out of the books and immediately forget it like I do with all the other quiestions

Anyway thanks oilman

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back