gas industry unsafe situations procedure questions

Sponsored Links
I'm interested in e). Why not straight ID and R, unless the appliance is decommissioned?

I'm interested in e). Why not straight ID and R, unless the appliance is decommissioned?

the diff between ID and AR is "are you going to die now" = ID, "is it a possibility you will die"= AR, which is why i posted IF it was on it is ID, always RIDDOR due to poor workmanship

the diff between ID and AR is "are you going to die now" = ID, "is it a possibility you will die"= AR, which is why i posted IF it was on it is ID, always RIDDOR due to poor workmanship

I like that :LOL:

Die now or later :cool:

Sponsored Links

I like that :LOL:

Die now or later :cool:

How many of the GSR engineers on here go out of their way to issue a RIDDOR? I have always found it a bit 'Against the grain' TBH.
I understand fully that we should, but I'd rather get paid to put it right.

Issuing a Riddor has nothing to do with correcting the fault Smithy.

If an appliance is ID and down to bad workmanship, a Riddor goes in the post irrespective of whether the client wants it put right or not.

Riddor is pointless. Filled loads out, nothing ever happens. Even did 135 houses on one estate, 1 yr old all AR. You would think they would throw the book at em, but er..no actually no one could be bothered to even come and have a look :rolleyes:

from a CYA point I always complete a RIDDOR, purely in case something else goes wrong and someone questions why i didnt comply with the law, but in reality it is frustrating cause nothing ever gets done about them, so i seem to be wasting my time filling them out

I also say C is AR...and here's a quote from my (shiny brand new Gas Safe edition) Unsafe Situations booklet, just to prove it.

"Open-flued and Flueless Appliances requiring a purpose provided combustion air supply where NONE is provided"..... AR

It would, as has been pointed out, be ID if there were signs of spillage (not mentioned in the question), and there is a case for saying that it is also RIDDOR reportable as you could quite easily argue that if the spillage was caused by the lack of any attempt to provide ventilation then that is unsatisfactory workmanship, which is reportable.

Would still like to hear your thoughts on it though BishBosh...

Ah but when I was a pediatric nurse it was a proven fact that parents of chronically ill children due to parental smoking "never smoke in front of the children".

AND the relevance being that customers with no ventilation "never operate it without that door open".

It's so great that people always tell the truth isn't it?

from a CYA point I always complete a RIDDOR, purely in case something else goes wrong and someone questions why i didnt comply with the law, but in reality it is frustrating cause nothing ever gets done about them, so i seem to be wasting my time filling them out

And that about sums it up perfectly.

Cover your ass and walk free, then if it goes wrong they can chuck the book at the HSE.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back