The Queens Speech

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/celebrity/queen-stay-int-ouse-youll-be-reet-20200406195221

Queen: 'Stay in't 'ouse, you'll be reet'

THE Queen has instructed Britain to stay indoors, sup a few cans, watch telly and keep its head down until ‘all this *******s is over’.

In a stirring address to the nation Her Royal Majesty told her subjects to give each other ‘a wide bloody berth’ in public and that ‘if they want a bit of sun, there’s nowt wrong wi’ laying out in’t yard’.

The historic address, only the fifth special televised broadcast of her reign and the first since since her emotional tribute to Sir Alex Ferguson after his 2013 resignation, was made from her palace in Bolton and focused on good solid common sense.

She continued: “Don’t bugger about driving to hills or that crap. Police have got enough going on without you being a fancy *******s. If you want a view, look out t’window.

“You’ve got your kids home, you’re off work, happy days. I’m 94 next month and I’ve not got it because I’m being careful.

“Anne’s getting me bits from Morrison’s when I need them and she leaves it at end of drive. The great-grandkids Facetime and Charles blathers down the phone. Too much if I’m honest.

“Stay in’t ‘ouse, put brew on, don’t go out being a lairy dickhead. There. Why that’s hard I’ll never bloody know.”

Sponsored Links
Jokes aside i found it pretty worthless it was almost as boring as a Corbyn rant.

Sponsored Links
No i didn't i just saw some highlights on news i think

No i didn't i just saw some highlights on news i think
I don’t mind the Queen but her speeches are like watching paint dry,,,and very patronising and predictable guff.Her family wealth would buy a few ventilators and PPE items.

No she doesn't.
not personally, its owned by the Crown estate if you want to be pedantic

The Crown Estate, the Duchy of Lancaster, and the Duchy of Cornwall own most of the foreshore, that is the land between low and high tides, of the country. The Crown owns 55% of it. The Crown Estate also owns the entire seabed between low water and 12 nautical miles

And:

The Crown Estate is owned by the Monarch in right of the Crown. This means that the Queen owns it by virtue of holding the position of reigning Monarch, for as long as she is on the throne, as will her successor

The Crown Estate - a sort of nationalised industry if you like. Never hear any cries to privatise it. I wonder why.

"The Crown Estate's public function is to: invest in and manage certain property assets belonging to the monarch; and remit its revenue surplus each year to the Exchequer."
https://www.thecrownestate.co.uk/en-gb/our-business/our-structure-and-governance/

Does it seem unreasonable to any of the serfs that your electricity is dearer (15% I think) than need be because someone owns the sea-bed?

How quaint it is. Welcome to the twelfth century.

Of course, it is higher than need be for several other reasons as well.

Just a thought.

Wasn't one told that one should not isolate oneself in one's second or third or fourth home?

So where was her monologue recorded!

Sponsored Links
Back