The rad that had my pants down.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitting a 1800 tall decrotive rad & it didnt have stickers on it to show the Fmow return back front and qll that crap.
So i fitted it & guess what? Yep...No flow, no heat ,just a crap fest.
So i had to remove rad & just my look , a new solid wood floor was fitted & Custard was watching my every move. So i dribbled the c/h water into a paint tray , which took forever.
Filled back up & still had flow issues.
Turns out the pioe work in the new build is terrible. 10mm pipe to rads id tee'd off to another rad. So i had to turn all rads off & back on 1 turn , just to get some bloody heat through my new rad.
Talk about getting screwed over.

Sponsored Links
Fitting a 1800 tall decrotive rad & it didnt have stickers on it to show the Fmow return back front and qll that crap.
So i fitted it & guess what? Yep...No flow, no heat ,just a crap fest.
So i had to remove rad & just my look , a new solid wood floor was fitted & Custard was watching my every move. So i dribbled the c/h water into a paint tray , which took forever.
Filled back up & still had flow issues.
Turns out the pioe work in the new build is terrible. 10mm pipe to rads id tee'd off to another rad. So i had to turn all rads off & back on 1 turn , just to get some bloody heat through my new rad.
Talk about getting screwed over.
so you teed into 10mm supply to another rad hell mend you , do it right in first place and take supply right back to manifold or before it if no spare in manifold

yep +1 ... was never going to work if you tee'd off of 10mm for a rad that large, caused your own problem there.

Had that one time, fitted a 1600 tall ally rad, was in original 10mm off of 22mm so was ok with a bit of balancing, along comes the bathroom fitter and cuts into the 10mm for that rad with a new 10mm feed for a 1800 tall towel rad (because it was the closest ...doh!) ... screwed it all up ... Newly tiled floor had to be lifted and new feed run at his expense.

And you charge people for your professional installations?
God help them!
I wonder why they make different sized pipes?
Are you sure it’s not a faulty radiator?

Sponsored Links
Sorry fella’s, I have to clear this mess up ffs. There’s a ‘Typo Error’ in my post.
Referring to the 10mm pipe T off, this was already done , prior to my rad install. The customer mentioned the problems he’s had because of the poor pipework.
So sorry guys...IT WASNT ME
I connected my rad from 15 mm pipework in ceiling, direct from the boiler. But what I referred to was , some of the rads in the house were Tee’d off from 10mm pipework , which made my install difficult , when it came to balancing etc

And you charge people for your professional installations?
God help them!
I wonder why they make different sized pipes?
Are you sure it’s not a faulty radiator?
Thanks Jeff, This wasn’t supppsed to hit a nerve Predictive txt once again changing my bloody words

Sorry fella’s, I have to clear this mess up ffs. There’s a ‘Typo Error’ in my post.
Referring to the 10mm pipe T off, this was already done , prior to my rad install. The customer mentioned the problems he’s had because of the poor pipework.
So sorry guys...IT WASNT ME
I connected my rad from 15 mm pipework in ceiling, direct from the boiler. But what I referred to was , some of the rads in the house were Tee’d off from 10mm pipework , which made my install difficult , when it came to balancing etc

That’s much better! X

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back