The Right Paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I could do with some advice for which type of paint to use. About 8 years ago I used an eggshell paint on very large floor to ceiling mdf doors in my bedroom. I used a roller to apply and the result was excellent. I had the paint mixed at Johnsons. 8 years on the doors still look perfect. Now, on the whole, I am no good at painting. So that finish was like me winning the lottery!

This weekend, I want to paint my kitchen cupboards. I was thinking as I had such a good result with eggshell in the past, would this paint be suitable for the kitchen cupboards? If it is, I don't remember if it was an acrylic eggshell or oil based. Would it matter?

The alternative that many people seem to use is a cheap and cheerful wilko cupboard paint but I want to use the product likeliest to give the best finish.

Any advice please?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back