The robins are back

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Robins have been trying to lodge with us a few years now and I expect these are its youngsters. As you can see they have taken up nesting on a shelf unit which is about two arms lengths from my computer. However, through a patio door. I have been watching them for weeks making the nest, and now the young are here they're making many trips to feed them. As I took these photos I could hear the parents calling form a nearby bush. So I went inside to let them get on with feeding.

Sponsored Links
Robins have been trying to lodge with us a few years now and I expect these are its youngsters. As you can see they have taken up nesting on a shelf unit which is about two arms lengths from my computer. However, through a patio door. I have been watching them for weeks making the nest, and now the young are here they're making many trips to feed them. As I took these photos I could hear the parents calling form a nearby bush. So I went inside to let them get on with feeding.

Brilliant!!. Nice to see. ;)

Try making a permanent nest in a purpose built box and put the nest in it and they will come back year after year.

At the moment as it stands it could potentially be dangerous if kids got in or a cat for instance.

It is very lucky for you to see this happening tho. usually very private.

don't touch the nest.. the parent may abandon it if you do..
for next year though, providing them with a place to nest might be a nice idea..

if it's only a few meters from the PC, how about setting up a webcam?

Sponsored Links
don't touch the nest.. the parent may abandon it if you do..
for next year though, providing them with a place to nest might be a nice idea..

if it's only a few meters from the PC, how about setting up a webcam?
CJ they won't abandon the chicks he could put it for now, as close as possible to this site, the chicks would call and the parents would come running to them. But your method is a good one also if he wanted.

Their not like some human parents that abandon their own kids you know.
They have more love than we think. ;)

Just don't expect this to happen specially since its also amongst my garden power tools so thanks for the advice about the nest box. There is a roof over the back of the house so I'll put one up under it. Don't have a problem with cats because we have dogs both sides.

Just don't expect this to happen specially since its also amongst my garden power tools so thanks for the advice about the nest box. There is a roof over the back of the house so I'll put one up under it. Don't have a problem with cats because we have dogs both sides.

great excuse now then m8 ;)
soory love cant do the garden because all the garden tools are out of action because of the robins :LOL:

This is mum and dad, who don't seem to find much time for each other, to busy shopping , I suppose. I am amazed how they find so many worms in my lawn.The biggest chick is sat on top of the other 4. I think they will be up and walking about this week. I guess it's going to be a bit busy with fluff flying all over the place. When a cat walks by one of them makes a noise like a machine gun.

Sponsored Links
Back