1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

The Saville Report

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lincsbodger, 13 Jun 2010.

1. ellal

ellal

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    But does it?

A bit of questionable reporting from a local rag doesn't exactly 'take the pulse' does it... :LOL:

Please try better next time... ;)

2. Sponsored Links
  3. joinerjohn

joinerjohn

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    In my post, did I laughingly call the killing of civilians a mistake?? I think not. You are twisting my words to suit your own agenda.
    You say "INNOCENT " civilians. ? At least one was not innocent that day, although you will no doubt continue to spout that the nail bombs were planted on him ( which Lord Saville accepts he was carrying ).
    You refer to the BRUTAL actions of 1Para. Perhaps you use emotive words to try and strengthen your arguments, but during the Troubles, who were the most brutal in their indiscriminate attacks and bombings of truly innocent civilians? Certainly not British Forces.
    Oooh I nearly forgot, we can't mention the rest of the Troubles as the Saville Report is only concerned with one particular day.

Neither did I try to dismiss the civilian deaths in monetary terms. You twist my words again. I merely point out the cost in monetary terms of having an inquiry lasting years and years.
    No doubt, compensation claims will now follow and the cost of compensation will be blamed on the present government, many of whom were still schoolchildren when Bloody Sunday happened. But that's another argument for another thread.

So what do you really want ellal?? Do you want those guilty to face the courts?
    Some NI people want to see Martin McGuinness in court too. Do you think his position as an IRA Commander during the Troubles warrants that??
    I certainly do.

4. ajstoneservices

ajstoneservices

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I wonder who ellal would have killed had he been there on the day. No peace keeper is he.

5. obmcfc

obmcfc

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Wouldn't call either Belfast Newsletter of Telegraph 'local rag', are you questioning the reporting of this and the reporters, if not Northern Ireland's national papers then who should ask the 'local people'

6. ellal

ellal

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    At least you now seem to think some might have commited an offence... :rolleyes:

If you havn't noticed, this was an inquiry which has raised the possibility of offences having been commited, and hence why I have always referred to the 'British Army', not individuals...But if the evidence is now available against individuals, then court action should take place...

So I'd actually call the individual soldiers the 'accused' since they have not yet been convicted of anything - something you might like to remember before condemning others yourself... ;)

If there is evidence to show he commited an offence, then yes...

You seem to forget what I've already stated, since it's apparently too 'inconvenient' for your argument... ;)

Of course a lot of this could have been avoided (and also possibly a lot of the 'troubles') if there wasn't the whitewash in the first place...

But then that idea seems a bit too difficult for you to take in... ;)

7. Sponsored Links
  8. ellal

ellal

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    What you posted were from Johnston Press - not exactly the pinnacle of journalistic achievement... ;)

9. ellal

ellal

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Wouldn't have been stupid enough to have been a member of the armed forces in the first place...

As for them being 'peace keepers' on that day, don't make me laugh...!

10. joinerjohn

joinerjohn

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

11. joinerjohn

joinerjohn

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Maybe not, but your stupid enough to show your support for terrorists. and that my friend say's it all doesn't it.

12. obmcfc

obmcfc

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Maybe not to you but the people of Northern Ireland it might be