The Sweet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Remember The Sweet, I know a lot of it was tongue in cheek and basically you had four guys built like brick s****houses wearing make-up but behind all the glam was a great rock band.
I was fortunate to see them live but was amazed by a documentary which was shown a few years ago.
According to Andy Scott (the guitarist), they hated each other???
I was gobsmacked, then It got me thinking about other bands who did not see eye to eye.
I read somewhere the Eagles on their recent tour stayed in seperate hotels, they only got together on stage and at the end of the show they just disappeared back to their rooms, didn't even speak.
Van Halens Dave Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen where the same.
All the dosh these people have made, wouldn't you think they would just appreciate what they have and let bygones be bygones.

Does anyone know anymore artists with the same attitude???

Sponsored Links
I think Gilmour and Waters had a rift for years but let it drop recently.

The Sweet guitarist was very talented and used to do a part of the show without the lead singer (Brian Conolly) who died of alcohol abuse a few years ago.

joe

put enormous egos in one room and what do you get?

Sponsored Links
The Who - Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend do not speak to each other even when they're playing together & used to beat each other up after the show ended :!:

masona said:
The Who - Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend do not speak to each other even when they're playing together & used to beat each other up after the show ended :!:
they have different interests i suppose daltrey goes off to his fish farm, whereas townsend is never happier than when he's surfing the net ;)

Didn't Simon and Garfunkel fall out for many years due to clashing egos? Was it something to do with Paul Simon getting p***ed off with Art Garfunkel getting all the credit for songs that Simon had written?
And what about the Gallaghers, Lennon & McCartney?

The sweet were underated...they could really 'heavy it up' when they wanted to..

Anyone ever heard 'someone else will'...top stuff

markie said:
johnny_t said:
kendor said:
put enormous egos in one room and what do you get?

The DIYnot.com Forum ?

Thats impossible, you couldn't get all of the diy mob in one room, bas would take most of the room so there wouldn't be much space left for the rest, :LOL: ;)

I'm sure you could get them all in as it appears some are afflicted with internet schizophrenia...an ever-increasing malaise ;)

i believe the "small faces" was another group at logger-heads all the time.The lead singer had no money sense according to a documentary,and at one time lived at the bottom of pete townsend's garden in a tent...i could be wrong.

There used to be a crap pop singer called `Gary Glitter`... I believe the whole world hates him...not just his band... :eek:

to follow up on the eagles fall out that was mentioned earlier.they released a dvd "when hell freezes over" and said they would only get back together when it happened.since then they have just released another final concert.cash and cow spring to mind.btw the dvd is awesome in dts. :D

Sponsored Links
Back