The TRV mystery

Um, on this occasion, strictly speaking, WaterDrivel is actually correct. :(

I agree, but as waterdrivel is the only one sad and stupid enough to be that pedantic, it is immaterial.

If he was qualifed in any form of heating, especially the energy efficiency side, he would know that is what was what was being referred to :rolleyes:

Burnerdrivel's only experience of energy efficiency is changing his Tena Lady, taking another pill and going back to bed :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Whilst YOU cannot, a CORGI ( who is qualified to open the boiler cover )
Tony

Is this true on an ecotec plus? the cover seems cosmetic. Also I seem to remember the manual saying it can be removed permanently if installation depth is an issue. (don't take this as fact without checking)

Also Why does everyone hate Bigburner when he is giving his advise for free. Even if he does google for answers should the question not be why don't the op's do that first?.
I think its time to give the big guy a break..............We are all friends here.

In that case I am one of the few who keeps myself focussed on the OP's proposed installation of a Vaillant boiler.
I accept your cordial invitation to show that you're lying.

For example, was this an example of you keeping yourself "focussed":

Many boilers with a built in by-pass do require an external by-pass
:?:

Or this:

I have not followed the whole discussion
:?:

Or perhaps you read the discussion on this one:

there may be an advantage in adjusting the bypass screw to the left of the pump!
Really? On a boiler that doesn't have an adjustable bypass?

I give advice in context and try not to be diverted by those seeking to widen the discussion beyone what is appropriate to the OP's situation.
Do you really? Without fail?

Be aware that there are about 2,000,000 people who are unemployed!

Many of those will be the least qualified and some those with problems like behavior, alcohol and drugs use.

There are about 350,000 plumbers ( including gas qualified ). Most probably are working!

One of the first requirements for a job is a GSE in English. I expect the examining board expect those passing to know the difference between breaks and brakes!
Can you explain what that had to do with a Vaillant Ecomax 824/2E Diverter Valve?

Is this true on an ecotec plus? the cover seems cosmetic. Also I seem to remember the manual saying it can be removed permanently if installation depth is an issue. (don't take this as fact without checking)

On a recent Rogue Traders program the unregistered was removing the front of what seemed to be a Vaillant and the CORGI inspector commented that " he was doing illegal gas work". That was his view as transmitted to the 7 M viewers!

My MI for the Vaillant does not have anything about leaving the cover off!

Indeed if it was left off the boiler would cease to be room sealed! It would then be At Risk at the very least!

Tony

Sponsored Links
On a recent Rogue Traders program the unregistered was removing the front of what seemed to be a Vaillant and the CORGI inspector commented that " he was doing illegal gas work". That was his view as transmitted to the 7 M viewers!
CORGI doesn't make, or enforce, the law. I'm surprised that you didn't know that.

My MI for the Vaillant does not have anything about leaving the cover off!
Does your MI have anything about never using an apostrophe, or about being a lying, pompous ar*e?

CORGI doesn't make, or enforce, the law. I'm surprised that you didn't know that.

I am surprised that you could not understand what I wrote!

I never said that CORGI make or enforce any laws. ( Although they do enforce Gas Regulations against registered people ).

Read what I said and you will see that all I said was that the Inspector stated his view!

Tony

...the CORGI inspector commented that " he was doing illegal gas work".
I am surprised that you could not understand what I wrote!
Oh I understood it all right. You were illustrating your view in a typically cowardly fashion, i.e. using someone else's televised point of view and attempting to bask in the phosphorescent glow.

I never said that CORGI make or enforce any laws. ( Although they do enforce Gas Regulations against registered people ).
Do they? Is there some hitherto invisible part of the GSIUR, within which CORGI is empowered to do something? Clearly not, so don't even start trying to pretend that there is. :rolleyes:

Read what I said and you will see that all I said was that the Inspector stated his view!
Read what I wrote - the CORGI inspector's view is irrelevant.

I dont know why Softus makes all these statement which are not based on any facts or evidence.

My vies has not been stated on a nupty removing the boiler front.

I agree that CORGI are not legally empowered to take action against gas installers but they do and they presumably do this as the guardians of gas safety.

Its a pity that you dont get Gas Registered Softus and then perhaps you would have a better understanding of what goes on. You could then join ARGI and enter the Combustion Chamber where we discuss some interesting topics.

Tony

I dont know why Softus makes all these statement which are not based on any facts or evidence.
Please show me where I've made a false statement or provided false evidence.

My vies has not been stated on a nupty removing the boiler front.
Is that the forum equivalent of a "Guess how many Smarties are in the jar competition"? Am I supposed to have a stab at the meaning of that malformed and misspelt sentence?

I agree that CORGI are not legally empowered to take action against gas installers...
It doesn't matter whether or not you agree. It's a fact.

...but they do...
But they don't.

...and they presumably do this as the guardians of gas safety.
CORGI is a bunch of clerics, and is much a guardian of gas safety as Dannii Minogue.

Its a pity that you dont get Gas Registered Softus and then perhaps you would have a better understanding of what goes on. You could then join ARGI and enter the Combustion Chamber where we discuss some interesting topics.
I can't imagine anything less appealing. If the CC is where I'd find a greater proportion of your posts, that's reason enough to stay away.

You'd do well to remember that gas work is a small proportion of what constitutes a well designed and constructed heating system. Plenty of RGIs are good people, but a few too many are elitist pratts.

Interesting...thanks.

So I pose no risk to the boiler by having all TRV's active and the room thermostat set high so calling for the boiler to engage?

In such a case I guess the boiler will simply heat the single rad in the room with the thermostat. My worry from reading other threads is the boiler will then only be heating a comparatively small volume of water which could lead to damage.

why would you set the roomstat high?
the roomstat is to automatically turn the boiler on when needed; using it as a switch is not particularly clever way of doing things.

why would a boiler be damaged from heating only 1 rad?

been listening to bb?

Me Bengas man, not a plumber, just asking some straigthforward novice questions. Not been listening to anyone so just relax. I read that you should never fit more than 50% TRV's...enquiring as to why.

All rads except the rad in the room with the room stat should have trv's fitted.

I think this 50% malarky is someone advising you who doesn't really know what they are talking about ;)

I read that you should never fit more than 50% TRV's...enquiring as to why.
The reason is simple: you read it because someone wrote it.

Now that you've read that TRV's should be fitted throughout (with the one exception), how are you going to decide which thing that you've read is the truth?

Its best to believe someone like me who has the Enegercy Efficiency Certificate ( which boiler installers have to hold.

I also say that all rads need TRVs except the one in the roomstat location.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back