The Two Faced Spirit Level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now it's level:

level.jpg

Now it's not (after being turned the other way):

notlevel.jpg

Any ideas why? Is it possible that it could be broken? There are no signs of damage.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if its the photo, but the vial seems to be bent and not level. Its possible that this is the problem and its only been certified level on one face.

How much did you pay, it doesn't look to be particularly expensive?

In your first picture its not really level, it just appears that way.
The phial with your bubble in is not true with the level, if it was the bubble would be in exactly the same place when you turn it around.

Perhaps it has rotated against the screws...... :eek:

Oh, and the surface you are resting it on is not level, if it was you would have the same error both ways.

It's because your spirit level is out of level so it will need adjusting, I was trained to always test the spirit level before doing any job which save you doing the job again!

Sponsored Links
I've got many of those 'accurate' levels!

Sent the mrs to B&Q to look for a new bubble!! :evil:

Oddly enough, the shed monkeys sold her a roll of PTFE tape!! :confused:

I can send you a top-quality new bubble for £5 plus P&P.

Each bubble is organically produced by one of my shoal of highly-trained goldfish. Accept no industrially manufactured substitutes.

bubble.gif

Ive had my trusty stabila girder level for 15 years now

never let me down, although it does say the leaning tower of piza is plumb :eek:

31M99N85WNL._SS500_.jpg

Sorry everyone, I've not been on the website for a while and forgot about this thread lol! Problem is that I've been using this damn spirit level for tiling! For the future, I will need a new spirit level so I guess I'll have to get a good quality level from Homebase. I don't even know where this one is from because I found it in our shed that an old builder had left behind. No wonder he left it behind lol. If I'd have known I would never have used it.

Anyway, just posted it to see what you guys thought. Thanks for your replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back