The Worst European Country

oops!
:oops::notworthy:
To err is human, to forgive is divine.
I trust you will all forgive my oversight. (must have been to Barnard Castle for my sight test)
Now corrected.

Better to have been wrong and accepted your mistake, that to believe you've never been wrong at all. :whistle:
Ha ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha ha

Sponsored Links
Two things.

I had an alert to say STFF had quoted my post but the post I was directed to shows a quote from BD (post 16).
I can assure you I am NOT BD in any shape, form, opinion, outlook or any other description you can think of.

However, post 15, (by BD), shows the UK in 40th position. Even taking those countries higher in the list who may not be in Europe places the UK around 11th, not 5th as originally stated.

T
However, post 15, (by BD), shows the UK in 40th position. Even taking those countries higher in the list who may not be in Europe places the UK around 11th, not 5th as originally stated.
What? o_O :confused:
I said it was 5th from the bottom.
Sorry conny. If we take out Russia and Belarus, (as countries that may not be in Europe) it puts UK bottom but two, or in other words still 40th, but out of 42, not out of 44.

And even if we take out other countries that are higher, it would still leave UK bottom but two, just out of a total of fewer countries.

Out of interest, which other countries would you not consider to be in Europe?

Sponsored Links
...and they make Monaco 4th worse. Eh?
Yeah, well a day out would take you out of the country entirely.
You'd practically need a passport to go anywhere. Except, fortunately Monaco is practically in Schengen.

What? o_O :confused:
I said it was 5th from the bottom.
Sorry conny. If we take out Russia and Belarus, (as countries that may not be in Europe) it puts UK bottom but two, or in other words still 40th, but out of 42, not out of 44.

And even if we take out other countries that are higher, it would still leave UK bottom but two, just out of a total of fewer countries.

Out of interest, which other countries would you not consider to be in Europe?
What was the criteria again. Oh yeah:

What’s wrong with the UK, you’re wondering? Well, where do we even begin?

We actually wonder why anyone would want to visit this place, let alone live there. The food is drab, and the weather is worse. They serve beer at room temp. The museums are free, but they stole the art from cultures with far superior artists. Oh, and a certain current political situation has the country in a state of complete and utter disarray.

Who scored that, Ellal? :LOL:

What was the criteria again. Oh yeah:

What’s wrong with the UK, you’re wondering? Well, where do we even begin?

We actually wonder why anyone would want to visit this place, let alone live there. The food is drab, and the weather is worse. They serve beer at room temp. The museums are free, but they stole the art from cultures with far superior artists. Oh, and a certain current political situation has the country in a state of complete and utter disarray.

Who scored that, Ellal? :LOL:
Pretty accurate from this side of the water.
I thought it was the kind of write-up that you and woody, et al would appreciate. :whistle:

Yeah, well a day out would take you out of the country entirely.
You'd practically need a passport to go anywhere. Except, fortunately Monaco is practically in Schengen.
I still don’t see what the criteria was for the marking. Was it written by a Yank?

It's just click bait, you can find loads of other lists that will give completely different rankings. Opinions are like ar*eroles, most people have them (Not my dad though :whistle:)

I still don’t see what the criteria was for the marking. Was it written by a Yank?
You looked, go on admit it:
MAX DENIKE
Max DeNike is a longtime newspaper journalist and California native who loves the outdoors and homemade food.
And in one of his other articles, he thinks UK is not a big player in Europe, any more.
Europe is home to big players like France, Italy and Germany, of course, but also nations with fewer than 1 million residents that might be difficult for people to find on a map.
To make the continent a bit more accessible and fun, we set out to find one fascinating, eye-opening, no-way-it’s-true fact about every single European country, ranked from least to most populated.
https://www.farandwide.com/s/facts-every-country-europe-9dcfe11348ac4fa7

You looked, go on admit it:
MAX DENIKE
Max DeNike is a longtime newspaper journalist and California native who loves the outdoors and homemade food.​

I can assure you 100% that I didn’t. Wasn’t hard to guess though - the low ranking for (properly brewed) warm beer instead of gassy lager was a clue...​

Sponsored Links
Back