Thelia F23 squeeling on CH.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This boiler is making a squeal at about 700 Hz on CH only most of the time but reduces if the CH flow is reduced by turning an isolating valve off. Its coming from the hydraulic block it seems from the right hand side.

I try not to go to any S-Ds at all but have never heard of this happening on one of these.

For those who dont know the Thelia is a tidied up SD620 with a white case but the aweful plastic inside.

Has anyone else encountered this before?

Tony

Sponsored Links
its the washer on the reversing valve spinning. If you take the front of the reversing valve, you can swing the arm of the valve out with the washer on the end. You can grease it up or do whatever you think will stop it spinning. Then when you put it back together,place a bucket underneath to catch all the leaks that you'll now have and the customer will blame you for cos it wasnt leaking when you got there :D

Its the leaks which bother me which is the only reason I dont normally work on this model. Oddly even though its ten years old I did not see any leaks.

I have previously changed both plastic assemblies and they were not that expensive but just a pain. It took about two hours with a trainee and I dont remember any leaks which surprised me but we were very careful to dry and clean and grease every joint.

Presumably changing the right side will cure the noise?

If I did that then can it be replaced without disturbing the pump and the left hand assembly?

Tony

Andy, if I had not said it was 700 Hz then possibly Mick would not have recognised the problem. As I always say to posters, give as much detail as possible.

Sponsored Links
Its the leaks which bother me which is the only reason I dont normally work on this model. Oddly even though its ten years old I did not see any leaks.
Don't worry, you probably will after you work on it. :LOL:

Thats my dilemma!

How do I explain to the customer, a high end QC, that I cannot or will not repair his boiler?

It does not help that its located in Central london with the associated complications and costs.

Tony

Simple answer to that one Tony, pretend you are a lawyer for a moment. Offer to take the job on under the same terms and conditions as he offers his clients.

1. All fees are non-refundable.
2. You charge per hour, with no limit on the amount of hours.
3. Payment is always due, even if you loose the case.
4. All expenses and outside "consultants" are billable to the account at 100% mark up minimum.

He is used to that, so should be happy to have people working for him on the same basis as he works for his clients.

Could be a nice little earner.

Tony change the full reversing valve about £55, you get all the washers with the valve not that hard takes about 1 HOUR.

He is currently on holiday and then goes straight to a case in the Cayman Islands without stoping at his chambers to pick up his briefs!

Whilst he is arguing the case there he expects me to be replacing his reversing valve at a 1/10th of his hourly rate and without any expenses.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back