Theme Park Wiring Nightmare!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just visited my local theme park. Amazed at how much c*appy wiring there was, considering it is a venue visited by public in their thousands....

Light fittings and accessories not suitable for outdoor use outdoors. Loose screws on accessories, and black tape holding them together.

Broken and cracked front plates and pattresses.

Fused spurs feeding jcb's with compressors, fed in 0.75 flex.

Poly bulkheads mounted 8" off the ground attached to metal fencing with nylon ties, and fed via 0.75 flex draped along the grass.

FWL: Loads of Wylex boards with 3036 rewireables feeding equipment.

Connector blocks exposed.

Cables across the ground not protected. Cables overhead no catenary.

Whole place smacked of really bad practice !!! And not just that. Everything looked as if it had been banged in by a 6 yo. Like black flex clipped really unevenly along a black timber board, using white clips.

Seems to be no thought either for design or appearance.

Unprotected flu's in places where they could be weathered or bashed.

I would need a whole ream of paper to list faults. And I wasn't looking everywhere- these were just a few of the faults that happened to hit me as I walked round.

Anybody like to offer them an inspect??? Ha, ha. Yet as we were leaving we saw the proprietors son leaving the on-site mansion in his personally registered Touareg.

Sponsored Links
Simon, if it is a permanent installation, then simply phone the Local Council, they have a MANDATORY responsibility to inspect these places every 3 months.

No consideration.. i don’t think much care has been taken into the installation.. With that many people around I don’t think plastic is suitable as for cables being exposed and clipped.. Conduit would have been more suitable.

I’m surprised the council have not said anything!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back