Thermal store system efficiency

Rad stats have arrived now with bottles of inhibitor too so can at least sort that now.

The 3 port valve has arrived but it is a 3 wire not 5 so is for a w plan. I may go for this as it will give priority to keeping the thermal store topped up and it is a 15kw boiler that struggles when hw and ch are called for at the same time with 12 rads.

Also planning on fitting pressure regulator to incoming mains and set at 2.1 bar to keep everything balanced, can always increase the pressure if it's too low

Sponsored Links
Just to update this, all rad valves fitted, W plan completed with magnaclean (which has already collected a load of ****)

heating woks better than ever now it is separated from the cylinder, hot water lasts longer with the pressure set to 2.1 bar

I’ll see what my gas usage is in a few months time if Russia is still pumping it over…

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back